Sign in to follow this  
B4LJX

rear calipers

my rear calipers on my g60 need changing should i change them for standard ones, or i read somewhere that some people have put mark 4 calipers on there corrados, is this straight forward thing to do would it be cheaper? any help appriciated - im looking to get brembos for the front when the group buy goes through.

what else is involved has anyone on the forum done this already- who could direct me in the right steps?

what else is involved has anyone on the forum done this already- who could direct me in the right steps?

they fit the same,use the same pads as your original calipers,you just need to buy or get new brake hoses made up with a banjo type fitting

Talk to John 16vG60 he did mine told me to bed the brakes in so drove home keeping my distance from the car in front. Got pulled by the cops because they throught that a corrado going about 60mph was a bit stange and that i was either drunk or had knicked it. They gave me a bit of hassle until i pulled my receipt out from 16vg60

i've got some caliper brackets on order with john for a 280mm rear disc conversion.

Talked me thru what is needed. so once the brackets are ready i can get them fitted and use the mk4 calipers aswell

chris

what do i need for up rated rear disc's. plesaes help. pleazse

think euro-car-parts or german,swedish and french sell it a a complete kit..........if you're meanign the mk4 Golf caliper conversion that is :wink:

ah i want massive storming rear brakes. for those who have done the conversion please reply so every one can under stand whjat tyou are saying, amd what you nee to carry out the conversion. i want to go trackibnh this year . wahat bracks do i need for the rear.,please help me, i'm very drunk also. :evil: :cry: :oops: :shock: :oops: :cry: :roll: :arrow: :p :x :lol:

before you get storming rear brakes :lol: ,i would concentrate on the front if you not done them already,the last thing you want is stronger brakes on the back rather on the front

there is absolutely NO point in putting bigger rear disks on other than to make the disks fill the rear wheels a little more... The Corrado already has a brake load compensator which limits the amount of pressure the rear brakes can get depending on how heavy the car is at the time... If you upgrade the rear brakes to use BIG disks you'll end up locking up the rear wheels every time you hit the brakes and probably end up wrapped around a tree... :| :crazyeyes: :roll:

The MKIV conversion simply makes the handbrake work (and work very well! ;) ) which is something the original MKII style calipers totally failed to do! :roll:

I know that 16VG60 has fitted some slightly larger rear disks to his car, but his has been exceedingly well thought out so he's almost certainly adjusted other things to make this an effective and safe conversion... Send him a PM and ask him about it if you are REALLY up for changing for bigger rear disks...

hey people is there a certain type of mk 4 rear calipers u need? i.e. some froma standard 1.6 or for a gti? jus need to know as i have access to some spares at a resonable price rather then to buy new ones c&r enterprises nottingham do em for 84 pounds they need the old ones back?

I just asked C&R for the Corrado rear MKIV brake conversion kit... 8) Came in at a smidgen under £200 all in IIRC... 8) Well worth it... :)

When I did it, they needed the old ones back in exchange, they take a little bit more money off your card and then refund it when they receive the old calipers back.... I think they may have stopped doing this though as they have had so many MKII to MKIV conversions recently they have shed loads of MKII calipers and no MKIV ones coming back! :lol: 8)