Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

dizzy to coil pack?any ideas?

You'll need the following:-

1994 on upper chain cover (to house the cam sensor)

Cam position sensor

Coilpack and corresponding Low tension wiring loom.

HT leads for coilpack

Cam trigger wheel on rear cam

1994 ECU and corresponding Cam sensor wiring loom.

It's not worth it.

What would the benefit be? Other than a more expensive fix when it undoubtedly goes wrong?! :D

i have everything bar the coilpack ecu,no all i was thinking i have just bought a k reg c vr6 with a dizzy,thinking it would be more desirable with coilpack?

It's a lot of work mate. You won't notice any performance increase. It's cheaper to just keep replacing caps and rotor arms every now and then.

Personally, I'd always plump for a rotor arm and dizzy cap over a coil pack every time... You just need to look at the problems that VAG are having at the moment with Audi TTs and VAG 20VTs loosing coil packs alllllllllllllllllllllllll over the place to realise that this is a technology which has not yet been perfected.... :|

Gimme something mechanical with 100 years of experience over something electronic with less than 20 years anyday... ;) 8) (and this is coming from someone with an electronic, electrical, computer and mechanical engineering degree! ;) :lol: )

Leave it how VW intended and you'll do MUCH better... ;) :D

i have everything bar the coilpack ecu,no all i was thinking i have just bought a k reg c vr6 with a dizzy,thinking it would be more desirable with coilpack?
................IMO it would only really be "desirable" if you were looking at 2 K/L-reg C VR's and one of them had the coil-pack while the other had the dizzy......it just means the coil-packed equipped one is newer.......AFAIK there is no difference power or torque wise so no real gain is had..............afterall its not so much age which is affecting C values now........more like condition