Wild-Animal

Bias valve return spring - brakes

Hi folks,

I am refurbing the back end of the car, and I am looking to replace the return spring on the bias valve for the brakes. Does anyone know where to source one? part number 191201278A. If it comes to it, I will have to count the coils, length, gauge of coil, and go to a spring website and try and find a replacment one. Its a 1.8 16v.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Wild-Animal said:

191201278A

Are you sure that is the correct number? Pretty sure the spring is available and the same across all the engines. I replaced mine on a mk2 8v golf last year

I think the part no is 191612339 for the spring... however when i was looking for the same spring last year for my Golf 16v (now gone) it was no longer available everywhere i looked.

Thanks Matt,

I may have to use a spring website, and see if I can match the OEM spring geometry to another. If I find a replacement, I will post it up here, for others to use.

Matt,

I have found a source in Poland for this spring. Are you still looking for one? I could order you one, there are like £10 each. I have to send it to Germany, and then to the UK. They only deliver to Germany. I have a mate in Germany who could forward it on. If you want one let me know, and i will try and order an extra..... see how I get on, they say they are in stock.....

CM