colinstubbs

Oil leak around crank breather (early valver)

Posted (edited)

Pretty much as the title...I've had a leak around the crank breather outlet forever, I tried a Jubilee clip (green) on the rubber pipe at the outlet and cable tie (blue) on the small connection with the only other clamping being the OEM hose clip (purple). It currently has a rocker cover leak, but if I'm fixing that I figure I ought to sort this bugger out at the same time!

What should I look for/try next?🤷

20240703_171901~2.JPG

Edited by colinstubbs

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the valver, but if it's anything like the VR then it seems quite hard to avoid leaks around here, and you end up living with it a bit.  The breather pipe/PCV is plastic rather than rubber, so it doesn't seal well even with new clips and whatnot. Might be the same for the Valver.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:21 PM, oneohtwo said:

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the valver, but if it's anything like the VR then it seems quite hard to avoid leaks around here, and you end up living with it a bit.  The breather pipe/PCV is plastic rather than rubber, so it doesn't seal well even with new clips and whatnot. Might be the same for the Valver.

Cheers for that, I was wondering if the housing might have had historic issues with other owners. I might try and add an o-ring between the pipe and metal outlet or neoprene tape or summat!