timatsorted

rear wiper removal...

I guarantee you will swear at it a few times :mrgreen:

yup! :lol:

it came out with no swearing required. sadly the 13mm bung i had got was too small so im just trying to bodge an replacement together lol

ah iv already replaced it with the monstrosity i made to fill the wiper hole which looked ugly but that shouldnt matter as much inside boot.

you will need to replace that though as water will get into your tailgate

tis true.. the replacement is only pence though

had a look in halfords for grommets today they dont seem to have any?? any other suggestions? Is the one in the tailgate ok to use?

they got them...in a set of around 4. they have 2 different sets one lot may be too big, look on the rack where all the electical bits and bobs are, failing that ask someone

They had a pack of two different sizes 6mm and 13mm ill buy them and see, only couple of pound anyway,

they wont fit, not big enough. i got those. use the one out of the tailgate its the perfect size.

Just done this mod, its a definet improvement highly recommend it, also the 13mm grommets from halfords fit perfectly :D

oh they must be different ones then i got hehe :confused4:

This is a great mod, i will put a picture on at some point. As per the grommet, not sure how a 13mm can fit, the ones i got from Halfords just fell thru.....the one from the tailgate is a perfect fit but acco to the ETKA it is 20mm, here is its reference number 411963259....Removing the motor is a pig of a job, i found that the best way was to disconnect the motor from the silver H shaped bracket with the 10mm bolts then undo the two lower 10mm bolts from the bracket and then it can (just) be levered out. Took me a good hour :shock: but well worth it!

Not sure about that one....i will put a photo of mine on here later. It will be 50/50,some will like some not, but for me it really cleans the whole back end up. I am sure i read somewhere that someone had put a metal bung in there which had been sprayed the right colour but not sure where. The rubber bung fits perfect tho!

Brilliant cheers, i had a look the other day and i noticed that the circumference of the hole left is raised, did you sand it down or just blend it in? The rubber bung idea is good but its only my contingency if i don't smooth it. :) Definately a simple mod but adds to the subtle smooth look!

Ok as promised i've now removed my rear wiper, filled the hole and blended it into the bodywork to hide the embossed bodywork. Pics attached, opinions welcome :D

I finally got round to taking my rear wiper off, it only took about 10 minutes to do. Easy to do and looks a lot better. I got some 13mm grommets from Halfords but they are a little loose. Anyone managed to find some that fit good?

I did this today, all done in about 20mins. 13mm grommit from halfords was far too small, bought a set of 'aeriel grommits' instead. The 19mm one just about fits although is a bit of a squeeze. It'll do for now but will be looking for something with a better fit as a permanent fix.

Well after reading this I have decided that this HAS to be done!!!

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk