Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

lowering 40mm on 15's?

looks like i'll have the cash to lower my C soon, but I'll be running the standard 15's for a while yet. is a drop of 40mm going to be splitter-grindingly low or is it usable on a daily driver? anyone got pics or tales of joy/woe?

40mm not to bad that is what i run mine at althrough you really need to change the front splitter from the 90mm to the 50mm one as it will redure the problem.

dropped my 2.0 16v recently.

You need to be careful as to what car the kit you are using drops 40mm.

In other words - the first set I bought was a 40mm drop kit. It fits G60, 1.8s and 2.0s. This kit was said to bring the G60 down 40mm.

But the 1.8 is higher (as standard) than the G60, and the 2.0 is higher again. So that 40mm kit would have actually been nearer 60mm lower than standard.

In the end I went for the weitec VR6 kit. It is also a 40mm drop kit.

But again, the VR6 is lower than the 2.0 in standard form. So you'd expect the kit to be >40mm drop on mine.

But the engine is lighter - so the drop becomes less again. No real science here to give an excact drop figure...... but if it helps - before & after pics / measurements of mine on this thread.

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... ght=weitec

Unless of course you're going for coilovers - in which case all of the above is irrelevant!!!

yalan, those pics just make me even more eager to drop mine 8) very nice! not going for coilovers, I'm looking at bilstein streetline kits at the moment from euro car parts which seem to have a coupe of recomendations from forum members.

bally, thats reassuring! hopfully i wont be running 15's forever :( got any pics of yours dropped 55mm? what springs/shocks did you use?

40mm no probs with original spoiler. Dont like the small front spoiler. Mine are Eibach springs. To be honest I think 55mm would be perfect as then there would be no gap between the tyre and arch when viewed from the side.