Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

Front speaker wiring

After some advice on running speaker for front speakers, is it worth running new better quality cable all the way from the head unit to the speakers? or would i be better off just using existing wiring and using new cable inside doors? i was thinkin i might as well do things properly when i get my audioscape door pods with the focals in 'em but if its too much hassle may leave to a later date....what do u think? :?

sorry if theres alot of questions but wanna get things right. :lol:

Absolutely, especially if you're running an amp.

Just unplug the door wiring looms and save them and the standard pods/speakers for when you save the car.

The plug is above the fuse box on the driver's side and near the fan on the pass side.

Run some decent guage wire through by taping it to a wire coat hanger and make sure the window won't foul it when lowered. Make up a quick release plug too incase the door cards need to come off.

Crossovers. Mount one behind the driver's kick panel and the other in the glovebox because most are adjustable and you need to get to them for adjustment.

I've been down to Audioscape again tonight and spent 2 hours with James and his test rig setting my system up and by god does it sound good now. Absolutely amazing sound. Well worth the effort and expense.

The pods are coming along nicely, they've got 5 or so made up already :lol:

I had to laugh......there was a Pug 206 XSi there with a 15" sub in the boot and some really cr@p Infinity components. It sounded awful and the whole car was rattling and vibrating like mad. Not in the Corrado though. We cranked the sub up and it sounded awesome with no rattling :mrgreen:

thanks for the info K very helpful, went out and bought various bits to do the doors 2day, james is sendin me a load of foam with the pods and components so should b well sound proofed by the time im finished :D 8)

to b honoust ive never really been into big systems but from what u and other people have been sayin on here, think that will go out the window when i hear these focals for the first time. Just need to decide what amp and sub to get now :? a trip up too ipswich is in order i think to speak to him in person about further requirements

small cars really shouldnt have big subs, a friend had a 15" fusion sub in his corsa and it almost rattled it to pieces when he cranked it up!

have u put sound deadening everywhere in ur C? or just doors and boot?

I'm not into massive ICE either Graham. Sound quality is what I'm after and have achieved.

All you need is a well balanced pair of components, a quality 10" sub and a good 4 channel amp.

If you come to Ipswich, have a listen to my setup. You will love it.

So far I have dynamatted (well, that B&Q stuff) the entire boot and the doors. I'll be doing the rear quarters and tailgate when the weather improves. It makes a massive difference to the refinement of the car too. Well worth doing.

The Alpine MRV-340 is what I recommend amp wise. It's plenty loud enough and looks very nice in the boot. It's only £169 from CEL-Direct too.

Ill make sure i do that when i come up, will let ya know nearer the time when im playin too make a visit. Ill check out that alpine amp as well later. cheers once again, you've been very helpful 8)

No probs mate.

Trust me, it's so worth it.

Most of my daily commuting consists of sitting in traffic and the stereo is proving really entertaining. So much so, I don't want to get out of the car when I get home!