Sign in to follow this  
kieron

Arrgh! Damn alarms!

Cars been laid up for about 2 months with the alarm enabled but today the battery is dead and the alarms going off.

Anyone know how to silence the siren on a Sigma? I used to be able to silence the old system with a key.

Cheers

I have a Sigma on my company car. If it's similar to mine it should have a little keypad hidden somewhere in the car like the glovebox where you input an overide code that should be with all your documentation

Hope this helps

Don't think detaching the battery will do much good :( Most modern alarms have charge capacitors which allow the siren to carry on even if the battery has been disconnected.

Same thing happened on a mate's CRX not too long ago, he was off travelling and the car hadn't been moved for months. Alarm goes off at 2am - as it happened we were there at a party for his brother so drunken logic kicked in. We totally removed the siren from the car and took into the back garden, went off for a further 10 minutes before me mate's Dad twatted it with a lump hammer. Problemo solved, well kinda.

Chances are there'll be a key turn combo from the ignition to override the system, you should have got a pin number with the alarm. Failing that, hook it up to a battery charger and try disabling it from the fob.

HTH

randal

Yeah detaching the battery won't work at the alarm has its own battery backup. It has the hidden pad but I'm buggered if I can find the documentation anywhere... arse. Still its stopped now - I suspect the battery backup has now died. :lol:

New battery time and a set of ear defenders tomorrow then! :-P

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

I could not do anything with my car after putting in a new battery without the alarm going off, deafening me and irritating the neighbours.

The AA man was foxed, too, saying these were the worst things known to man, he said he spent more time on problems with them than anything else.

I had to have the car transported by Relay to a VW dealer for their autoelectrician to fix.

Faulty module of somekind - I decided to have the alarm removed totally and not replaced.

I only have an imobiliser now - Bliss!

The sodding things are not worth the security they give on a 9-year old car.

i only said detach te batt coz my car was garaged over a month and the alarm kep going off one night and all night coz the batt power was dying,,,only way i could stop it was to detach the earth cable!!!!

jus trying to help