Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Corrado G60

m really new to this site and this is my only 3rd post ive just bought a corrado G60 after 3 years of solid searching for a good one. Could Someone please explain to me what the hell that MFA computer thing tells me because i think its really inaccurate and sometimes even when im booting it hard it gives me same mpg as when im crusin at 1800-2000rpm.

Also me and my cousin who has a 16v have completely lost the plot with the rear wiper. Once we get it going we cant stop it and when i turn it on it always squirts the water. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT BLOODY THING WORK :mad: i know its a stupid question but this bloody modern technology just got TOO complex :?

The MPG is showing the average for the trip - so if you do boot it hard after driving normally for a while - it won't affect the average much.

You could always reset the MFA (hold the slider left to '0') then keep booting it and see if you mpg drops to about 10 - mine does frequently... hehe.

The rear wiper works by pressing the wiper stalk back once, and the rear wiper is on intermittantly. Press it again, and you turn it off again.

As for the water - it squirts when you press it back - so yes, it does squrt water when you turn it on - but if you press it quick enough, none should come out.

Slightly daft design there, VW....

Just drive fast enough so you don't need to look out the rear window... works for me :)

thanks matey so corrado have 3 common faults then

1. dodgy door handles that pikeys run off with

2. wiper design with the intelligence to waste water

3. Cheap quality interior

hey dont matter just have to mod it all i suppose

Did you know the front wiper is quite intelligent though?

It has a variable intermittant...

Say its raining lightly.

You need to clear the windscreen, so flick the stalk down to intermittant, then back up to off. Next time you need to clear the windscreen, click down to Intermittant and leave it there.

The delay in between you clicking it down is set, and will stay like that. It can be set to anything between 2 seconds to 30ish.

Go and have a play... you know you want to!! :D

Did you know the front wiper is quite intelligent though?

It has a variable intermittant...

Say its raining lightly.

You need to clear the windscreen, so flick the stalk down to intermittant, then back up to off. Next time you need to clear the windscreen, click down to Intermittant and leave it there.

The delay in between you clicking it down is set, and will stay like that. It can be set to anything between 2 seconds to 30ish.

Go and have a play... you know you want to!! :D

only 92> cars do this im shure ?

cheap quailty interior ?

what do you mean by this then ? i i think they are quite well screw'd together i keep taking mine apart and its allways seem to go back together fine...

as for pikeys knicking your door handles ???

HOW did they do this then..

They havent nicked the door handles yet but i was checking mine whenni bought them and they look they been held on with sticky pads so i whizzed round my cousins place to check out his handles on his 16v and same thing. I think the handles were finished off on a friday afternoon at the workshop.

Well Well Well THANKS ANDI mine is a 92 so that little secret gadget should work. But i bet it doesnt :? i'll keep in touch and see what happens .....

DOES THE CORRADO G60 92 J PLATE HAVE CRUISE CONTROL. I have read this in a vw catalogue and do not think it is so andcouldnt find any knobbly bit to set the feature on any stalks...

By the way guys my MFA last night redlined like some of u guys and went up to abt 80mpg when i was in 5th at abt 2400rpm ..........Turned the car off for a bit and it went back to normal

Yeah.. the rear wiper always was a bit of a game. As Andi said, you just had to be quick to prevent it squirting water when you didnt want it to. Definately a naff design.

The MFA and variable intermittent wipe were great gadgets though..

And no, unless you have the special arm on your steering column that controls cruise control, then you don't have it. I believe it was available as an option but hardly anyone had it fitted!

Didn't realise that about the intermittent wipe. I always though the delay on mine was too long. Will have a play next time it rains.

The rear wipe squirts water if you press forward and hold, it'll then go through it's wipe cycle (5 or 6 wipes) and then stop. Pulsing forward once for intermittent and repeat to stop.

The headlights are annoying because you can't flash people without locking the beams on, so next time you switch the lights on, you blind people. Crap design. I prefer the tradtional flick forward for high beams instead of VW's rachet system.

And yes the interior is pretty naff to be honest, especially the late heater controls which don't line up properly and feel flimsy. The sunroof control panel and glove box are also flimsy! For £24,000 (when new in 1994), you expect better.

Kev

94 VR6

The sunroof control panel was actually updated at some point, both my C's have late interior but the switch on the vr6 is a lot better than the 16v one.

I've managed a little trick with my headlights although I'm not entirely sure how as I stumbled over it by accident!

If you have an uprated loom fitted,the sidelights should work with the ignition off and the light switch on sidelights.Switch the ignition on with the switch in the same position and you should get dipped lights and the ability to use your main beam stalk as a flasher!

Switch the headlight switch to dipped beam and your main beam stalk should function as normal.Like I said don't ask me how it works-it just does :lol: :shock:

what do we need the rear wiper for anyway.. really? ive always stuggled with getting it to work how i want... i'm just deleting it when i do the bodywork on the rear end.

i have cruise :D

..you guys may think its mickey mouse, but im sure you all know how heavy your foot can get in a corrado, it always seems im going much faster than it feels. if i'm heading through an area known for pigs with radar, i get up to 10 over, click my cruise, and chill out. haven't been on any long trips yet, but i'm sure it will come in handy then too... we have a LOT of flat straight roads here in canada, especially when you're out of the cities.

if you have cruise, you will be able to push a little button in on the end of the left-side stalk (on a LHD anyway..)

dude, if you think the interior is shabby, pick any north american car, go sit in it for 5 seconds, and get back to me. :lol: