Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

question for you all

i was going to look at a vr6 tomorrow in slough which is 220 miles each way from me, so i hpi'd it , it has come back that in 2001 is was a cat d ins loss :cry: , the company paid out in full for it

is it not worth touching ?

m reg 144k looks nice 17" etc and he wants £4500

opinions please

cheers

paul

he bought it 02 , i have asked him if its hpi clear he said he hadnt ever bothered to do one so he's either lieing or in for a suprise :oops:

if you look around you'll be able to find a nice vr6 for the same money without such a bad history....or if you raise your limit by £500 to £5000 then there are pleanty of nice vr6's available... personally i'd give this one a miss

The Corrado is also for sale for £4500.

It is a 1995 M plate VR6 with approx 2000 miles on rebuilt engine (144k in total), grey leather, 17" alloys, Alpine stereo, lowered suspension, K&N induction kit (what a noise!), Milltek full stainless exhaust, electro-luminescent dials, Inpro rear lights, Isotta steering wheel, excellent condition, all electrics work (including sunroof).

yeah you're right jedi, i've emailed the guy with that one, do you know where hes from ?

just needs dropping ,new wheels tyres ,induction kit and a miltek and a leather interior

probably best if you dont buy a car based on the mods it has had done! go for one that has had engine work or that has been well looked after. mods are a bonus if you get ones you want....

Does look very similar to this one I see at the Berkshire meet a few months ago. Very clean!

020.jpg

006.jpg

018.jpg

024.jpg

021.jpg

Find out what the damage was on it to make the insurance co pay out b4 you make a decision Imo. My C is cat D, had the wheel & interior stolen & damaged to the door. Everything was sorted to a very high std, so didn't put me off. Just go carefully & ask lots of questions. One thing I will say, a lot of people are put off by this when you come to sell it. Most don't even want to ask what happened to it to make it a cat D, so bare it in mind.

yeah its def the one he's selling the plate on ebay,i've spoke to the guy and he's really genuine, i really think he doesnt know about the cat d

yeah its def the one he's selling the plate on ebay,i've spoke to the guy and he's really genuine, i really think he doesnt know about the cat d

he will always hpi his cars from now on! Learnt the hard way. He might take a low offer now though, so could work in your favour.

he will always hpi his cars from now on! Learnt the hard way. He might take a low offer now though, so could work in your favour.

yeah i'm workin on that one dan as i dont plan to sell too soon if i get it , thx for the help mate

Just seen this post after not being on for a while.

This is mine, and i'm gutted about it too! :cry:

The damage was the rear nearside, and from what I can see the damage has been repaired to an excellent quality, without any damage in the boot either. I can only assume a v.high quote was given to the insurance company so the didn't bother.

I can only apologise again to you Gixxeruk for the trouble you went through.

And you're right, i'll be HPi'ing all my cars from now on. :oops: