Sign in to follow this  
LJ

Front brake line removal

I can't get the frickin pipe out the white clips that secure the solid brake lines to the fire wall. These clips are behind the heat shield cover, underneath the inlet manifold.

Anyone have a cunning technique for doing this?

I'm only replacing the front brake lines and don't want to mangle the other lines there, and ideally keep the clips intact as they hold the lines in place. Spent yesterday arvo' wishing I had a few more joints in my arms and more strength.

... all because I couldn't seperate the solid line from the flexi hose on the last corner when fitting new braided hoses. I have diddly squat mechanical ability!

Also, six line brake system. Obvious where four go but where are the last two flexi hoses?

the two short flexy hoses go onto the joint of the rear axle where it attaches to the chassis... they're a pig to get at... :|

To release the hardlines from the clips, apply even and outward pressure away from the clip centerline. Replacement of the rear flex lines is a total PITA, I actually installed my SS rear lines lastnight. Be sure to use flare/line wrenches on the hardline fittings, otherwise you will strip them and be totally stuck making new lines yourself.

R