Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

is this a $20,000 USD corrado?

hey guys help me out. i am seriously looking into buying this car. here is the link to it:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1531779

scroll down a bit to see more pictures and all of the details for the car. the owner sayss it runs 12's and has about 350-400hp. please give me all feedback you can. i want to buy it but i want to make sure it will be worth every dollar. thanks in advance. give me all your comments.

Josh.

Hm.. that works out to about £11,000...

Certainly does look like an impressive bit of kit.. though would be horrendously expensive to get anything fixed on it if it went as its not exactly a 'stock' Corrado is it?! :)

haha definatley not a stock corrado. =] i guess he had everything put in by professionals. everything on it is working perfect. and the interior and body look flawless.

ummmmm, styling is a bit.... 'individual' but the engine sounds pretty awsome as you americans say :lol:

its always a bit funny buying seriously modded cars as they are very much a case of the persons personal preferences in styling and also you can never expect to recoup the cost of building it.

End of the day its a nice engine and would cost thousands to build yourself but IMO its not worth that much money.

well, i offered the guy $16,000 because thats the biggest loan i could get at my age and credit history. if he accepts that should i go for it? i would also be changing the wheels (to my black 16 inch race wheels), tail lights (to my solid black ones), i would be removing the 'wing' thing in the back (the stock spoiler works fine for me), and i would be changing the front bumper to have a more stock look and also to have turn signals in the front. (they are a california legal requirement) and i would also be changing the interior to black or grey cloth, and be putting in my momo seats.

the look would be changing a bit. it is also the vr6 turbo syncro...

ummmmm, styling is a bit.... 'individual' but the engine sounds pretty awsome as you americans say :lol:

its always a bit funny buying seriously modded cars as they are very much a case of the persons personal preferences in styling and also you can never expect to recoup the cost of building it.

End of the day its a nice engine and would cost thousands to build yourself but IMO its not worth that much money.

I'm with you on that one. The mechanics on the car sounds f-ing amazing, but the styling is certainly up for discussion. Matter of taste though, *ahem* krooz-midz *ahem* (asbestos suit on...)

If the guy takes $16K, game on. Sell the body kit, make some money back and you're laughing :lol: Well, that's what I'd do :roll:

i think if he does take 16k i will go for it. i will sell the parts i dont like off of the car. make some of my money back. and i will have a 12 second car for driving. =]

Holy cr4p...I certainly wouldn't mind that parked in my drive!

ha,, I WOULD!!! i would hide it in a garage until its put back to a more standard look.... $16k would be more like it for the eingine though and then sort the styling over time!!!

keep us up to date!!

I really like it....it's just so beautifully OTT! I feel that the effect may be lost on the dreary streets of Norwich though. Totally a Cali-car.

people have been saying 'puss' as in the ooz that comes out of a nasty cut for a replacement for cool now. the english language is totally out of control these days.

i will keep you guys updated on whats going to happen. i am still waiting on a message back from the seller. everytime i look at a picture of it, i want to get it more and more. =]

"puss"....wtf???? You crazy N. Americans! No matter how I try I can't make that word sound anything but dumb in a sentence where it describes something good. Mental.

yeah. keep in mind i am not one of those who use the word 'puss' in a sentence besides its actual meaning.

im still waiting on a response from the guy. =]

Nice motor, shame about the looks! If you want a jap look car, go buy a ricer, don't bastardise a C! Looks like it's been covered in glue and driven through Motor World!

Just my 2 pence worth, would love that Vr in my valver though :)

Steve

well, i got my reply from the guy about getting it for 16k. he said no way. since he is not willing to go any lower than 20k i am going to have to pass. that is a lot of money for a corrado.

here is an update. i am going to be passing on the VR6 Turbo Syncro corrado that is for sale for $20,000. i have found another corrado that is almost just as nice. it is a VR6 Turbo corrado that is super clean and almost looks stock but has a lot done to it. here is the link: http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/stan ... =&cid=null since this is in my price range i am willing to spend, i think i am going to get this one. i think i am going to have to fly across the US to test drive it, then have it shipped to my house. let me know what you guys think.

Now that is nice :) Very understated looks and massive power. Ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing. Should be able to waste a few 'vettes with that beast :mrgreen:

i am waiting on a response from the seller now. flying across the US to look at a car seems a bit extreme to me, but i would like to be sure im not going to end up with a project car again. =]