Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

Coolant run on pump/fan problems

Can someone help me out Please .

I'm trying to get the coolant run on pump to work properly but i'm not having much luck, the pump acctually works when the ignition is switched on and when the engine id running,but when i bridge the brown/ red & the brown wire together(on the 4 pin connector) nothing happens.According to the bentely manual the coolant run on pump and the cooling fan should opperate but they dont.

Ive checked for a live at the 4 pin connector and that's okay,i've checked the wiring diagram in the bentley manual and it changes colour brown&red to red&black is there something else connected in between the switch and the control unir?Can someone help me out with the wiring diagram.

I've checked to see if there's a feed at the relay control module (with the switch bridged ) and there's nothing :(

What do i check next .

I don't know if it has got any thing to do with it but it has the Diavia air con system fitted :roll:

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Jason

Temp sensors? Not sure if this circuit is controlled from the temp switch in the radiator or not, but from the sound of it bridging the sensor doesn't work, so it sounds like the run-on control relay is bust or an alien living in your engine doesn't like the noise when the engine's not running.