Sign in to follow this  
jinx

Anti roll bar bushes

Hiya all,

Anyone know where i can get hold of anti roll bar bushes for a 1992 G60? Vw as usual want a fortune!!!!

Go to GSF they do a complete set of Poly Bushes for the whole suspension system for really good money. Both myself and stevemac have put them on ours

I brought myself a Bugpack poly bush kit for a Mk2 golf. The steering rack bushes are no use (they are for non power steering) and I would not use the rear axle bushes (to retain rear wheel steer) but the rest all fit so for about £65 you get the anti roll bar bushes, wishbone bushes, rear top mounts, and front bump stops.

Not a bad buy compared to VAG or Powerflex

On the subject of rear axle bushes, mine are cream-crackered I think. They look tatty, the suspension crashes mightily and noisily into the smallest surface irregularity, and it all feels a bit slack.

I'm trying to keep it all as original as possible, but a real overall improvement over the factory set-up would be considered. I want a degree of comfort and refinement, and so the question is, do I go for poly bushes or the OE?

On a 94 VR6, are the bushes the self-steering type?

Thanks, and apologies if this has hijacked the original enquiry.

Best wishes

RB

VAG Rear axle bushes are what gives the C it's passive rear wheel steering. Use others (or poly) only if you know what you're doing.. ;)