Sign in to follow this  
ryan

Hello - I'm new here !!!

Just brought my first ever Corrado, in fact my first ever VW. She’s a M Reg 2ltr 8V in seriously good condition with only 50k on the clock. I think she is standard but as she is fitted with a stainless exhaust with no markings on it I can’t tell.

Does anyone know what exhaust would have been factory fitted to her ?

Also, I have been looking round and cant find another 8valver anywhere – none for sale, no reports, nothing. The CCGB website reckon that sales on this model were pretty dismal but this cant be the only 1 can it ???!!!

After driving her round for a few weeks the Corrado is the best handling car I have driven and I might be hit by the VR6 bug sooner than my fiancée will allow……

WOW an 8valver

welcome to the forum - you the only one i know off, apart from Phat's 8v now vr6 model.

Wise buy, cheap engine to run i would imagine,50k on the clock, your laughin, with corrado looks to match. :D

'Ello and Welcome to The Forum.... 8)

8Vs are definately not common and the owners seem to be even rarer on here!

No-one's filled in the 8V option on the "wotcha got" poll anyways... :| (subtle hint! ;) )

Anyway, Welcome... 8)

lo ryan, welcome to forum mate.

you'll find any question you have can be answered by the wise members here, even I answered 2 last month :D

enjoy mate, and welcome aboard

Hello. My first Raddo was an 8v dragon green Mreg with 47kmiles. Looked great, handled well but it was a bit slow. They were only produced for a year or two at the end of production.

I fitted mine with an AMD chip, and supersprint system which helped give the car a lot more midrange. If its an everday car then its ideal.

Yep, not too common, as the others say they were relatively on the slow side, so didn't sell majorly well compared to the other models. Nonethelss, it's a fine Corrado, and that's what counts, welcome on board.

More the merrier :) You just wait, Nugget Yellow 8 valvers will be selling for more than VR's in a few years :roll:

welcome mate, i've only been on here a short while myself but the forum is excellent, all the guys seem genuine and mostly well informed

the site is a total mine of information, i spend hours reading through old threads 8)

Just brought my first ever Corrado, in fact my first ever VW. She’s a M Reg 2ltr 8V in seriously good condition with only 50k on the clock. I think she is standard but as she is fitted with a stainless exhaust with no markings on it I can’t tell.

Does anyone know what exhaust would have been factory fitted to her ?

Also, I have been looking round and cant find another 8valver anywhere – none for sale, no reports, nothing. The CCGB website reckon that sales on this model were pretty dismal but this cant be the only 1 can it ???!!!

After driving her round for a few weeks the Corrado is the best handling car I have driven and I might be hit by the VR6 bug sooner than my fiancée will allow……

the std exhaust has a oval-ish tailpipe.......tho most of the aftermarket ones also have an oval tailpipe but bigger

as for the 8valve not being too common.....this is mainly down to the fact they were only made from the 95 M/Y(08/94-07/95)

in fact here is a pic of a 8 valve exhaust.........although PhatVR6 has slotted a VR6 into it.....IIRC he's kept the 8v's original exhaust

Just brought my first ever Corrado, in fact my first ever VW. She’s a M Reg 2ltr 8V in seriously good condition 8)

Welcome ryan to the forum, I like you am a C driver as recent as a month ago and like you I have an M reg 8v [mainly because I live in Ireland and insurance/road tax is a b@st@rd :x over here], enough about my worries, WELCOME ABOARD... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome guys, and thanks for the info past and present. Been reading some of the older stuff, looks like it might solve or answer all of my problems to be…

As for the slow comments, my little 8 valver suits me down to the ground - 30mpg with cheep insurance and Corrado looks and handling – I got a cheque for nearly £300 back from my insurance company – nice. 8)

Hello to Ireland as well, I’m sure that there must be a closer on but so far you are the only one I know of – your not silver as well are you ?? :thumbleft:

your not silver as well are you ??

No kid, I have a dark navy blue one, I live in the midlands, and a Corrado of any colour or model is rare in Ireland so I feel like the trend setter...