Sign in to follow this  
gibber

Story - Street Racing!

When I see the old novas racing through the residential areas with parked cars on the road, that really gets my back up, and on my street I tend to walk out in front of them, usually still holding a large spanner or hammer.

And on the bigger roads in traffic, this is also for the idiots.

But last nite they were called Duel carriageways for a reason.

After a boring day at work yesterday, driving home very sedately in the golf, I gets home and pulls into the garage, I’m stood there in front of the corrado!

I walked back to the house for my tea, some how feeling the corrado staring at me.

After my tea, I find myself in the garage again looking at the Corrado.

You have all been here before.

Before I know it I’m starting him up, pulling off the driveway. I didn’t really have a route planned I was just driving, stopped of for 15 quids of Optomax, then I saw my best mate on his way home, we stopped to chat, "wot you up to?” I reply, "not sure just out for a drive", follow me to mine and I will drop off my van.

After a couple of blips from the lights to 40 the corrado was feeling good.

As we get closer to town we are stopped at a set of light when a rover salon pulls along side, burbling away, it was a turbo.

As the light go to green he is off, and off at full bant, my mate shouts Av im!

The corrado comes straight on to song, catching him at the top end of first then passing him with the wheels spinning in second, then he grips and leaves him for dead, second red line, then up through third, breaking for the next set of lights as he pulls along side, we let him set off again but he doesn’t really go, wimp.

Next set of lights he pulls in behind, my mate and I are in hoon mode, a nice young dolly pulls up on are right, she looks over and smiles at us, as we sit there trying to look good. The lights drop to green and she is off, taken well by surprise, I drop the clutch lighting the tyres up, back off the power a bit, thank god we are moving now, leaving huge amounts of tires smoke behind, first red line, second and the corrado is pinning us to the seats, passing the poor MX5 like she was parked up.

We back off to let her catch up, she potters past grinning at us then turns off right.

Sat at the lights again, a Punto pulls up full of girls all smiling and waving, in the far left lane, we cant get across and we are forced to follow the road to the right, quick U-turn but we have lost um.

We drive on, through the centre of town, exhaust popping and banging away, dump valve howling with every gear change, as we come on to the duel carriageways again we spot a Civic type R giving it a bit down the other side, spinning it round, we hunt him down. The lights in front are on Red as we pull up behind. Lights go to green and he bottles it, following him up the road, he then floors it in second to look in his rear view to see the gap hasn’t changed, he slows down. We turn on to Mac Ds to see if there is any boy racers who can put up a descent challenge, nope!

Look back at the road we see a Subaru drive past closely followed by an 02 reg. Integra type R, both with sports exhausts, theirs ya race my mate says.

We take our time to catch them up, charge cooler on, water/methanol on, as we get to a set of lights they start to change, the Subaru goes through and the Integra waits, we pull along side. Shock its another young hottie with 3 others, not expecting her to race we just pulled away with only a little pace, lazy change to second, as she passes us on the inside bugger, I dip the clutch give the engine a blip and drop it again. With a loud bang out of the exhaust we are off. Halted by the next set off lights, she pulls up behind the Subaru.

Pulling along side the Scooby like we was a drag strip, he is ready for us, already staged at biting point and 3 grand. As the lights drop to green I start to feel cocky, I let um both go, gave um a second then hunted them down. First, bang, second, bang, third, passing them both as we get to a tight corner, hard on the brakes, as see my mate brace himself, bugger it we can make this flying thought the corner coming out the other side, it didn’t even twitch once.

We get close to town again, as the Kentucky box of an Integra catches us up, they get stopped by a set of lights so we pull over and wait for her, as she sets off she flashes us to pull out, we let her pass and follow on. It starts to rain a bit then stops.

We turn off the duel carriageways onto A roads, where is she taking us, my mate says she taking you to roads that she knows, I find that hard to believe. But he is right. She flashes her lights then indicates right on to a set of very twist country roads. She’s off, I flick on the Corrados candle lights why did I not buy that loom off H100VW. Climbing up through the gears we catch her, keeping a nice distance, as we fly round the corners, up and down through the gears, really struggling to get the wheels to grip, seeing the trees behind us light up every time the exhaust pops and bangs

After over a mile she can’t get away she slows down, and indicates right onto a single track road. Then with out warning she turns off her lights, we cant see a thing, she slows right down, as I try to work out why I see my worst night mare, speed bumps, down to a snails pace I slowly get the corrado over, but she is gone, with more speed bumps to come.

Looking ahead we can see a car park, I tell my mate we can turn around there, as we pull on there she is, parked up, as we drive over she gets out and walks over to my window, "you found us then? So what brake is this then?" Wot a girl!

We stop and chat for a while, looking over each other’s cars and to shock me again she asks me to pop the bonnet, this girl knows her stuff. Considering the amount of beans we had been giving the car the chargecooler was still ice cold.

In an attempt to look cool we bid them a good nite and set off home, pottling along under the speed limits.

Getting home, putting the bully back into the garage, thinking what a night!

I drove to work this morning in the golf, still feeling very relaxed, having flash backs of flying thought the corners, and hearing the howls and bangs.

I don’t condone street racing at all, in fact I made up this whole story your honour! :twisted:

Na we was being cool 8) , she will be hunting us now, I was a bit put off when I saw her tracky bottons, 18 grands worth of car, pretty face, in her eaily 20s and wearing tracky bottoms?

Got to admit her passanger was way nicer, but she admited to driving a fecked corsa! :roll:

You could have been in luck though, were they the adidas tracky bottoms, with the press studs up the leg?

mmmmm quick entry :lol: :lol:

What a brilliant story mate. :mrgreen:

What's in your corrado??? engine wise? A rocket motor? 8)

Timo.

Jesus Christ mate!!! (apologies to the religious!!) What a beast. There aint much room in your engine bay!! :shock:

How much bhp/torque??

Quite fancy a charger for my vr, but is soooo much money and I am skint after buying the g60 :cry:

Some day it shall be mine :twisted:

Timo.

Wen I was 'just' running the supercharger it was 250 hp and 233 lbs/ft of torque at the wheels, so now it is erm not sure a bit more haha! :twisted:

Some day it shall be mine

You want to buy it?

Wen I was 'just' running the supercharger it was 250 hp and 233 lbs/ft of torque at the wheels, so now it is erm not sure a bit more haha! :twisted:

Some day it shall be mine

You want to buy it?

No, sorry dont want to buy it. I meant a supercharger on my vr shall be mine 8)

Is it for sale like? :roll:

Timo.

Mite be selling the charger near to Christmas!

The voices have been talking to me giving me ideas!

oh!!!!! Should have a bit of money kicking about then!!! What are you going to do to it after that???

Any idea on price? u can PM me if you want!

cheers

Simon

Not sure yet, just keep an eye on the parts for sale. I will be offering it fitted as I will need to swap over a few bits to keep mine running.

As for my ideas, the voices arnt quite in unison yet! :?

You're not going to take the vr engine out are you?? Not another 1.8 T wanabee?!!?!

Ta

Timo.

Na I wasnt that lucky, think they was adidas tho, I was expecting them to be tucked into her socks!

:lol: :lol: Did she have Reebok classics or a pair of Kickers on. And she's got to have been wearing loads of gold!!

By the way, that car is a beast! I do have respect for Scoobys but I don't half love seeing the drivers face when you keep up with them or pass them in your case!!

I can only beat standard uk ones :cry: or my mates wrx from 20mph in third, thanks to turbo lag :lol:

You're not going to take the vr engine out are you?? Not another 1.8 T wanabee?!!?!

Wash your mouth out with soap! Only selling the charger!

She didnt have all the gold to be honest, just a well rice'd up car!

I like the install mate - so where abouts is the charge cooler mounted then? I presume undernieth somewhere?

I thought about a dump valve for mine - does it make a pssshhhht noise when you let of the throttle or is it a constant pshhhhhshshhhhhhshshshshshshhhshshshshshh? (as the charger keeps spinning)

Very tidy install mate.

Very tidy install mate.

~Thankyou much

That dump valve sounds like one off the boost pipes has flown off, its 38mm inlet!

The chargecooler is built into the inlet and the rad is mounted into the bumper like a FMIC, and that is an oil cooler of a NASCAR, sureflow pump behind the rad, and a Focus RS header tank.

I know the charger is in the inlet but where abouts have you mounted it? the inlet appears to dissapear then reappear right where it left off!

Wash your mouth out with soap! Only selling the charger!

She didnt have all the gold to be honest, just a well rice'd up car!

Sorry Boss!!!! :oops: Just checking.

If you're getting rid of the charger what else can you do to make it better??.........Mmmm....... I'm thinking twin turbos as someone was talking about that the other day?

I am right, do I get a prize?? Oh please, put me out of my misery! 8)

Timo.

Sorry I dont talk about stuff untill I have done it!

Just incase it doesnt happen, then peeps say you are all talk!

aaahhhhhh!!!! Good thinking though!

Fair enough mate, really interesting car you have there, really enjoyed the story. Nothing like blowing a scooby away. They seem to think they are invincible!! (Which they are most of the time!! unless you have a wee secret under the bonnet!!) :mrgreen:

Timo.