Sign in to follow this  
russ360

No Haynes Manual???

I'm completely new to this forum stuff but thought it was time to get involved.

Have recently bought a 1990 1.8 16v in Helios blue which needs a little work doing to it such as some electrics and minor body work but hope to get her up to nice original condition soon. She has had one "careful lady owner" but you woul'nt think so by looking at her. But for £900 i can't complain.

My first query is i can't believe they don'yt do a haynes manual? Is this the case and if so are there any others available.

cheers Russ

:?

The closest there is to a Haynes manual is the Bentley (not the car maker!) manual which only covers the US-spec C's. You can get them on amazon.com I think, and they do pop up on ebay from time to time. Some people also have a CD-ROM based electronic version too.

If you can't get your hands on that, a Mk2 Golf Haynes will see you through a fair amount of the work, but I can't tell you exactly what.

yeah if you have a look on http://www.amazon.ca you can buy a corrado manual by robert bently but...... this wont specificly cover your 16v engine as they didnt have them in the states. you a mixture of this and a mk2golf 16v one and you should be laughing.

Thanks Guys.

I come from a strong background of Golfs so will be fine with the mechanical side but i'm after the electrical side of things so will look out for a Bentley manual soon. Thanks for the guidance.

your best bet is to buy 2 haynes manuals...

MKII Golf (inc 16V GTI)

Passat 88 - 92

These two will have pretty much all of the details for your car in there... The bentley is good, but is quite in depth and doesn't go anywhere near the 16V models so may be a bit of a waste of cash for you... :|

*edit* damn this phone... it keeps ringing and making me work rather than posting on the forum! :lol: ;)