Sign in to follow this  
randal

My Valver sale. / Opinions on 16V --> VR6 / Thoughts?

Hello,

I've been teasing myself all day looking at cars, and I've come to the conclusion I want to get a VR6. There's no two ways about it, my mind is well and truly made up. However, that's not the reason for this post.

At the moment, I've got me valver - which I'm going ot have to sell to front the cash for the VR6. As it stands, I need to get two new tyres, tax and ideally brake pads/disks for the front before I sell it. I wouldn't be happy parting with it otherwise. I'd also get it MOT'd before selling, again just for peace of mind and value addedness (according to the randal concise dictionary).

I really wanted to get the body work sorted before selling but it doesn't make sense doing that if I'm just going to flog it. Ideally it needs a new OSF wing, and touch ups here and there. I had a word with a friend who gave me an unbiased, "un-mate's rates" figure of about 350 quid.

Also, I've bought a Weitec susp kit comprising of shocks/springs/VR6 top mounts, new bump stops - the whole works. Enough to drop it 40mm, improve the ride quality and the handling.

Interior wise, the car is spotless. Since I've had the car I've sourced new parts for the interior (thank you Henny :D ) Fitted a new OE exhaust front pipe, Miltek "cat back" exhaust, a Toad Ai606, later spec grille, acoustic shelf and front components.

Now, I'd keep the vast majority of that in the car when I come to sell it and include the suspension kit with the car. (won't be fitting them for the same reason as the bodywork).

In addition I've just had 600 notes work of work doing in fitting that front pipe. Long story cut short with snapped studs and other complications - It's had the head off, new cambelt, tensioner, studs, fluids etc... and the other ancillaries to go with the head removal - including new studs being tapped into the head/manifold all round.

It's got 107,000 miles on the clock - 11,000 of those i've done meself since Feb just driving to/from work. More details/pictures of the car are -->

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11198

My questions are -

How much should I be asking for the car? I'm thinking around the 1800-2000 mark.

Is there anything else I should consider before selling?

I'll worry about the VR6 related questions when I start shopping. (The sooner the better!)

Thanks in advance

randal

I think its gotta be worth £2000, and thats what i would advertise it at.

It looks a very clean honest car for the year and am sure someone will snap it up.

Yeah.. very nice clean looking car.

Got to be worth that £2000 asking price definately.

Cheers all :D In an ideal world I would like to think that 2K is obtainable, given that I've spent around 1K myself since owning the car! Shall have to see once I've had the little bits and pieces sorted. I am looking forward to VR shopping!

M777CUSGTI - There's 5 of, given the condition of the wheels (one losing a little laquer, the others have slight kerbing etc..) and tyres (which would be near enough brand new) errm I'd guess around 175-200.