Sign in to follow this  
bigvos

just lowered. looks strange !!

After fitting my 17" voodoos just got the car lowered today. I bought eibach springs off ebay(35-40mm drop) but after picking the car up today i found that the rear is practically on the deck and the front is just the same as before :?

Obviously not what i'm looking for. I know they have definetly been fitted and i took the car for a drive but no change.

So really i'm trying to find out if this is common and if so is there any simple way to fix it or have i made a beginners mistake.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

might be needing a wee while to settle................so give it a few days before panicking too much........also make sure you get the suspension geometry done ASAP

Are they new? and are they definatly for a corrado? lowering springs for non gti golfs are 10mm higher than gti 1s. seen that before on my mates car. Some people advertise corrado/golf springs, just a guess tho!! They do take time to settle.

Another idea

If the rubber bushes where not put back at the rear that would give you another approx 30mm drop :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

got a pic? just ordered eibachs myself!!

Digital camera just gone abroad with the parents but i'll see what i can do.

eibach only doone spring and thats for the hole range including the VR6 so it stands to reason that the 4 cylinder cars wont sit right,i had mine on for three weeks and took them off because i couldnt get the car to sit level,according to eibach its because i've got the 20vt in (b+ll+cks),now running H&R now and they sit bang on level 8)

Here is my VR6 on eibach springs. I dont think its too bad but am soon fitting the koni adjustable shocks which have rear height adjustment so I should be able to get it spot on :D

Just lowered my vr , using eibachs ! :roll: This happaned to mine also !!

The way to fix this (without buying h&r's) :) is to fit , the inner part of a late mk 2 golf wheel bearing or get a spacer made up !

You then knock the spring plate off the middle of the shocker (the round bit that cup's the spring) and slide the spacer on before replacing the plate ! :wink:

Also if your c is fitted with koni's put the c clip on the top gruve so the plate is on the highest setting !! :o

Hope some of this help's ??