Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

URGENT - Part number needed - ATTN Stevemac / Henny!

Guys, after a bit of diagnosis (cheers Henny) I found my radiator thermoswitch to be faulty as its only coming on at 110 degrees... and its been like this since I had the car (so ignore all my previous moaning about high water temps while sitting in traffic and needing a bigger rad!)

But, I think its the same part as 8v GTi's but GSF sell 4 different types and 2 for the 8v but they are convinced it should be a mk3 part... I didn't have the car with me to check so left it but I know they do sell the correct part!

Went to VW round the corner, they also wern't sure and couldn't even find it on ETKA at all, I then had a look when I got back to work and couldn't find it either...

Could someone look at there reciept and give me a part number so I can get it tomorrow...

Cheers.

*cough* please *cough*

Sorry, just re-read it and it did sound a bit rude... I've had a long day :|

So please could someone get me a part number...

Can you pick me one up too please mate as I think my Speed 1 is no longer in the land of the living either....

Cheers mate

K

Can you pick me one up too please mate as I think my Speed 1 is no longer in the land of the living either....

Cheers mate

LOL - so does anyone know the part numbers for a G60 and a VR6... please!

Supercharged, kevhaywire, you called :D

Where does your switch fit & what are your phone numbers ??

I'll have a look 1st thing in the morning & give you a call 8)

Cheers Steve, can you please sort mine with Steevo as I don't work near GS&F unfortunately and he's my errand boy for parts :-P

Looks like u will be sorted but thought id post this.... thanx ETKA..... no. 9 is the item number.

Ermmm... sorry bout the size of attachment

Ok, thanks to Stevemac for finding out the part number for GSF (191 959 481c = 93478)

For info - that part number fits all cars except the late VR6 (built 93 on) which need the equivelent Mk3 part 1H0 959 481b - you can tell which one by the shape of the plug, the mk3 one is round and the mk2 one is still 3 pin but they are in line so the connector is flat)

Easy enough to swap without having to drain any coolant, took battery out to gain access and used a 30mm spanner to loosen, swapped over quickly and topped up 8)

Seems to be working fine and I also checked I was getting at least 12V to the fan, the only thing I noticed was the switch I took out says 1. 95d, 2. 102d and the one I put in says 1. 84d and 2. 95d so I'm not sure if its exactly the same as the original or I have fitted whats known as a low temp fan switch??

Its confusing because the part number on the ETKA diagram says 95-84c/102-91c next to it as these are the on and off temps for the 2 stages of the switch so the one I've used may be exactly the same but the GSF part may be just labeled differently to the original :roll: :?