Sign in to follow this  
sherrypearl

Head gasget isums

Hi all

She is currently under the knife, the head gasket went, so i was going to replace this, however it turns out that earlier on in life she has got very hot and with wrong or weak coolant in, basically this has meant I need to have head and block skimmed. does anyone know if any others have survived such surgery and what any future implications may be. Also other than having head reconditioned and timming chain plus tentioners replaced is there anything else I should be doing. If the engine can't be fixed I was tempted to try and shoe horn an R32 lump in there.

Any thoughs or suggestions welcome.

thanks

you won't need to get the block skimmed... it's cast iron and if you've warped that then it'll be dead for good! :|

Hey, the Henny, he speaks! ;)

sheesh, I have one day where I can't get to the computer 'cos I'm busy at work, and you lot all notice... :|

What the hell are you gonna do next week when I'm on holiday nowhere near a PC for the week?!? :roll:

yes, several thanks... taking 'em with me wouldn't be a holiday would it? :p I work with computers and electronics all day, I want to escape for a week, catch some sun (yeah, like that's gonna happen!) catch some waves and just chill out for a while...

sheesh, I have one day where I can't get to the computer 'cos I'm busy at work, and you lot all notice... :|

What the hell are you gonna do next week when I'm on holiday nowhere near a PC for the week?!? :roll:

hey, the forum just isn't the same withought ya!!!!

:)