Sign in to follow this  
kvwloon

Thumbs-up for Perma Cool oil coolers.....

...bought a second hand Perma Cool sandwich oil-cooler, hose and rad. set up from a guy at North Weald Volksfest, but missing the 'O' ring for the sandwich plate. No problem I thought, he only wants £25 the lot, and can get a seal locally easily. However, after trawling round motor factors coudn't find anything close enough to fit, and was just beginning to think I'd been sold a pup.

However, quick search on Net and e-mail to Perma Cool, result, theyr'e posting me a couple of seals free of charge from USA! I'm impressed. Thought i'd give them a quick 'plug' on here as a result. 8)

Yep, and I didn't even ask for the seals, only where I could get them in UK. Mind you, I did kind of hint by putting my full address at the bottom of my question! :lol:

Not yet, just waiting for the seals to arrive and then a bit of time spare, and will give it a bash. I would say it would 100% definately cool the oil better though, must be better than running hot water through the oil cooler to do the job! I'll advise as soon as I do it and see the results. Am sure it wil give same result as the Mocal coolers others on this Forum have fitted already.....perhaps they can comment too......I'm estimating at least a 10 celcius drop across the range.

yellowslc, I kind of think so, there is a spring loaded valve built in, but not sure if / how that would be thermostatic, might be, might not be, but I hope so. I think it will be as Perma Cool does seem to be a good brand from what I can find out.

Ok you have the one a friend of mine was using. There is a thermostat per say in there.. think home furnace sprial spring.. they work. :)