Sign in to follow this  
boab

CD Player is very tempramental!! help

Im having trouble with my cd player now, it comes on sometimes then cuts out, i dont know why its doing this, sometimes when im driving if i move the key slightly in the ignition it comes back on, whats wrong? anyone have any ideas or had similar problems? this car is really starting to do my head in! one thing after another, oh the headunit is a pioneer mp3 one, dont know exact model

take stereo out and check the power lead hasnt come loose or has melted or something - can happen as these units get very hot especially in summer

you touch the key and the stereo comes back on? Ignition switch replacement time for you matey! :D

There's a rather good guide on how to do this in the "how to" section, and the part will only cost you about £25 tops.... If I were you I'd do this sooner rather than later as when they start to go faulty there's not normally a lot of time until they fail completely... :|