Sign in to follow this  
Louie Lungbubble

Silver bulbs

Have just read G-Lader's thread about his eyebrow spoiler, and not wanting to hijack it am writing this here.

His front end pics show up very well something I've been thinking about.

Has anyone used those indicator bulbs that have a chrome like coating on them (but still flash orange) to reduce the orange tinging behind the indicator lenses?

I've always thought they'd be better nice and clear looking, and those bulbs seemed like the answer.

Are they any good? Do they light up enough to see in broad daylight?

I've got some of those bulbs in my rear fk lights.

Never thought of useing them in the front, would you not have to break the orange tint bit out of the indicators first. As i thought this is what made them orange and not the bulbs.

Hmmmmm, Dunno then. Might give them a go.

But hey, G60 Jet.... Mate, you're in a part of the world that actually gets to see that big orange thing in the sky from time to time

Don't ALL bulbs look dim to you ? :)

Crazymarcel,

the front indicators do have an orange layer inside so i`m assuming that there would be no point in using orangy bulbs too?!??!

Crazymarcel,

the front indicators do have an orange layer inside

Ah.

So it's not just an orange bulb giving it the tinge then.

Must admit to never having taken them apart to find out.

Is it an orange reflector type thing behind the bulb that could be removed and make these silver bulbs worthwile?

It's not a filter right behind the front lense, is it?

Yea thats what i was sayin in my earlier thread, the bulb int orange its the orange bit of plastic inside the indicator, just havein the balls to break it out without damagein ya indicators.

Tis no point puttin silver bulbs in if ya havent takein the orange reflector bit out.

I've got silver bulbs in my front indicators and they are plenty bright enough in all conditions. I cut the orange diffuser lense out with a dremel.

A multi tool session is on the cards then, if that's what it takes.

Oh, BTW.... All the pics I've seen of members cars today have included some sort of cool moody background, or they've been parked on a block paving `canvas' to set them off.

Just realised the one I put up earlier had the next door neighbours washing in the backgroud!

(Must do better with my composition in future) :oops: :lol:

Got the silvertech bulbs in ALL of my indicators and they make a hell of a visual difference to the clear FKs, and side repeaters... 8)

I'd also say that they are as bright as the normal coloured bulbs were too... 8)