Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

G60 corrados with ABS?

ah right cheers.

I am debating whether to ditch the ABS altogether on my car.

I have had many cars with abs and it seems to me that its a device for idiots who struggle to control their cars, as I have yet to require it (apart from on ice but then its useless anyway) and I can drive quite hard at times.

any thoughts?

I'm sure its saved my life/car a couple of times so far, but the VR6 is a lot heavier at the front, so tends to be easier to lock up.

If you like to be without it, then fine. But for some strange reason, I never quite feel as safe when the ABS light is on and disabled due to a fault. Just my 2p.

you can brake and stear with ABS lock up a wheel without it and your nnot steering anywhere, ABS is proved to reduce braking distances. why the hell would you ditch it, the electronic brain can react quicker than any human to a locked wheel.

CoxyLaad, if you've had no requirement for ABS in the past, you've been lucky !!

Only times that ABS is a major disadvantage is in the snow or on mud - car with ABS will not stop on these surfaces :x

Ideally - switchable ABS is the way to go, as available on some off-road vehicles.

Mine saved me last friday, on a narrow road, tranny van (white would you believe) coming opposite way round bend on wrong side of road. Me thinks 'this is going to hurt', hit the brakes and put the nearside of the car onto the grass verge. ABS did its job, kept the car where I wanted it, only damage was a couple of scuffs on the front wing, which look as though they will polish out, bits of private hedge in the car and soiled underwear!

My thoughts - DON'T DITCH IT!

i need to have ABS in my next corrado...is it hard to install it? (maybe a new thread is in order? or is there already one that helps?)

I have had 3 knocks due to not having ABS! the last one wrote the car off!

I was leaving a set of traffic lights and onto a straight main road, i hit atleast 45-55mph and in the distance could see a car (taxi) positioning to turn accross my front...

I slammed on the brakes and tried to steer away as this idiot tried to cut accross without judging my speed...failed to control the corrado (weighed way to much on the front) and the tyres didn't grip much, it took 6 seconds to loose control, and completely wreck his car..and my car!

keep the ABS! you donno when you may need it most. :roll: