Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

i saw my first Golf Limited in person the other day...

i saw a real golf limited the other day and wow. i am in the US so its even more rare to see one. i was blown away by how awesome and well kept this thing was. wow. i thought i would just share my awesome sighting.

oh, the owner wants to challenge any R32 that is willing to take it in the gravel. heh.

A very limited edition hand-built Golf2 variant exists, including all of the best features available at the time. designed and built by the Volkswagen Motorsport division, only 71 of these "G60 Limited" models exist; featuring a unique number and plaque, the G60 supercharger was combined with the 16valve GTi engine, mated to a sports transmission and "Synchro" four-wheel-drive mechanism. All of these special edition models came in black, with four doors (except two in three door), a plain two-headlamp grill (not the usual GTi 4 headlamps) and a unique blue grill detail (not red, as the GTi) and motorsport badges. It is rumoured that two models were produced with air conditioning. In 1989, these cars cost in the region of £25,000 each and were primarily sold to VAG executives and managment, although a few do exist in Britain to date (2004). Now these things sell for thousands more...

A very limited edition hand-built Golf2 variant exists, including all of the best features available at the time. designed and built by the Volkswagen Motorsport division, only 71 of these "G60 Limited" models exist; featuring a unique number and plaque, the G60 supercharger was combined with the 16valve GTi engine, mated to a sports transmission and "Synchro" four-wheel-drive mechanism. All of these special edition models came in black, with four doors (except two in three door), a plain two-headlamp grill (not the usual GTi 4 headlamps) and a unique blue grill detail (not red, as the GTi) and motorsport badges. It is rumoured that two models were produced with air conditioning. In 1989, these cars cost in the region of £25,000 each and were primarily sold to VAG executives and managment, although a few do exist in Britain to date (2004). Now these things sell for thousands more...

There was one at the Brighton show i went to today :)

In 1989, these cars cost in the region of £25,000 each and were primarily sold to VAG executives and managment, although a few do exist in Britain to date (2004). Now these things sell for thousands more...

well not strictly true..........limited's go for around the £7-£8k mark in britain.........a friend of mine just sold his limited in the summer for under £8k IIRC and his was AFAIK the only RHD(conversion) in the UK

wow, thats pretty crazy....

the person who owns this one spent thousands to get it imported to the US. it was imported from germany to mexico, then driven over the border, then towed to its current home in california. an amazing car to say the least.

With 210bhp as standard these were (still are) awesome cars. :twisted: I remember the owner of R and A Design in Grimsby had one a few years back, which was also converted to RHD. I'd heard there are about 4 or so Golf Limiteds in the UK now, maybe more. :?:

With 210bhp as standard these were (still are) awesome cars. :twisted: I remember the owner of R and A Design in Grimsby had one a few years back, which was also converted to RHD. I'd heard there are about 4 or so Golf Limiteds in the UK now, maybe more. :?:

that'll be the one and the same that my mate has just recently sold :wink:

Sounds pretty darn cool... with any luck there'll be one at E38 we can all go and drool over :D

WOW!!!!

that cool!

i`d never heard of them before and i bet me mates havn`t so i`ll baffle them with my superior VW knowledge tommorrow! :lol:

g-man, had the knowledge today i jus thought another golf,,,,,,, how wrong was i :oops:

also the motorsport badge in my avatar is the actuall badge on the car u saw today furkan... :lol:

Wow.. how f'ing cool.

The ULTIMATE MK2 Golf IMHO! :)

VW Motorsport 16vG60 Syncro... dribble :)

Whats this about on the site about the G60 Limited :

The result is 210bhp (DIN) at 6500rpm and 186lb ft of torque at 5000rpm with 8.8:1 compression ratio and supercharger providing 23psi of boost.

23PSI? Are the G-Laders on these VW Motorsport 'specials' or did they ship with small pulleys on the chargers as standard?

what i said above.....same comment

some ppl may say this is what the GTI shoulda been 8)

I just find it funny that this 1992 spec is (in my opinion) more desirable than any other GTI so far. As in given the choice of ANY other Golf available to buy from VW today, or a nearly new G60 limited, i'd take the G60 Limited.

VW used to be so cool - what happened to them? :(

Oh.. and check this.. if only the Corrado had been more popular :

As for the future, Limited Editions of the Corrado and Passat have not been ruled out and when the VW VR6 engine is released, who knows what we might see from VW Motorsport?

I just find it funny that this 1992 spec is (in my opinion) more desirable than any other GTI so far.

As in given the choice of ANY other Golf available to buy from VW today, or a nearly new G60 limited, i'd take the G60 Limited.

VW used to be so cool - what happened to them? :(

i think they need a focus point-some form of motorsport! not just tailoring cars for the old people in an old image!!!! (no offence to any old people :lol: )

but you know what i mean!!

nothing thats been churned out of the factory has been satisfactory-even the R32 is a bit lardy and slow for what it is capable of!

are they going into BTCC or F1 or Rallying?

they should!!!!!!!!