Sign in to follow this  
LJ

Broken valve thingy - what is it?

There's a yellow and black valve thing that sits between the ISV and the intake.

Any one know what it's for and what it's called?

I managed to break the solid small plastic pipe that comes out the yellow & black body when trying to remove the perished material braided hose that comes off it.

If it's cheap, I'll buy another. If not I'll use SuperGlueTM :)

Valve thingy ...

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cpollard3/detail?.dir=/4fe7&.dnm=ac0c.jpg

i think its meant to be white and black they just get stained by oil and dirt mine was white after a steam clean anyway.

something to do with the vacum system i think the other end go's to the brake servo dosnt it ??

they might be the same as other vw's and you could probably find one in a scrappy but im sure one of the mods will know more.

It IS supposed to be yellow and black. It's a non-return valve for the vacuum to the brake servo. It's molded onto the plastic pipe which runs to the brake servo so isn't very cheap to replace, and is an utter pig to fit into the brake servo end (trust me, I've just replaced mine during my rebuild and the scars are still healing! :| )

It's not a mega expensive pipe (around £30 IIRC) but you're a bit stuffed without it... you may be able to get one off a scrapper though...

Oh, and yes, I snapped off the same bit on mine too... :roll: :oops:

LOL been there and done that as well Henny they're a bar*tard aren't they!!! :mad: but not as bad as doing 3 engine swaps in a week on the same car :shock: my hands are mostly de- skinned now LOL