Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

is that a turbo mister?

just thought I'd share a conversation I had with a young 'un at the weekend. I pulled up outside my house to be greated by two young lads on BMX's, I'd guess they were early teens.

Geordie Young 'Un: haw mister! is the a turbo like?

me: nope

GYU: ah reet, so its slow then?

me: no, not really....

GYU: why dont you get a turbo one?

(at this point i considered educating him in the full corrado range, and how how the G60 works on the same sort of principle as a turbo would, but the NA vr6 was actually faster, but thought better of it)

me: doesnt have to be a turbo to be fast you know, tell you what, start pedding, if i can run you over its fast enough.

i remember i pulled up to a set of lights with a group of fools in a renault clio on a night out...the guys int he back shouted...G60 yeah??? G60...FASTT!!...i said no...but thanks. 8)

I got the same thing when I had my 2.0 16v - pulling into college (work) at the time and heard some guy say to his mate "Ah man!! G60!!" :)

Clearly a non enthusiast consdering my car was facelift blackberry metallic on estorils, with chrome Corrado badge on the rear (1994 and older feature) *lol* ;) :D