Sign in to follow this  
lovemyvdub

new vr6

i just got my first corrado vr6. i have somewhat of a limited budget and i want to start making improvements, eventually the vsr manifold and possibly a turbo(or two!). im not sure where i should start, or what would make the greatest difference now. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Suspension drop?

Tired ARB's?

Timing chains?

Not sure what you're after exactly, and it's made harder by the low budget! :)

If it's a "cheap" VR6, start by replacing all the bits that will be knackered by now, before you start putting go-faster bits on it.

So:

Brake pads (Pagid fast road), disks (vw) and hoses (VW or braided);

Dampers (Koni t/a), top-mounts and bumpstops (genuine - available from several sources));

Suspension bushes (VW);

engine and gearbox mounts (genuine - available from several sources).

Then think about good quality tyres for whatever suze wheels you have (or are planning to fit) and a Magnex or Miltek exhaust.

H&R spings might be a good idea while you're doing the dampers and top-mounts/bumpstops - going lower might look better, but will destroy both the ride and the handling.

HTH.

If it's a "cheap" VR6, start by replacing all the bits that will be knackered by now, before you start putting go-faster bits on it.

So:

Brake pads (Pagid fast road), disks (vw) and hoses (VW or braided);

Dampers (Koni t/a), top-mounts and bumpstops (genuine - available from several sources));

Suspension bushes (VW);

engine and gearbox mounts (genuine - available from several sources).

Then think about good quality tyres for whatever suze wheels you have (or are planning to fit) and a Magnex or Miltek exhaust.

H&R spings might be a good idea while you're doing the dampers and top-mounts/bumpstops - going lower might look better, but will destroy both the ride and the handling.

HTH.

.......not to mention your CV joints and your front spoiler.

Best wishes

RB