Sign in to follow this  
chance

suggestion needed 'bout G60

symptoms:

1. Difficult cold start, sometimes does and sometimes (more often) doesnt start from the first time.

2. High revs when idle, about 1100 rpm instead of 900 rpm

3. I believe that fuel consumption is increased as well

Could this be caused if G60 charger went to hell or something else, anyway i am worried about charger. Can someone post here the secret MFA mode that allows me to measure G60 compression or whatever about it and how to use it. Is there any other way to check charger. The funny thing is that i went to official VW service and they are unable to find the solution. They are not sure about charger as well.... shitty service

Thanks in advance....

Hi.. if you check in the buyers guide (stickied in Common Corrado Questions) it goes through the procedure for checking your boost pressure.

These problems don't sound like they are related to the supercharger at all though - definately something else to blame if that helps put your mind at ease a little? Sounds like a split or leak in one of your vacuum hoses maybe..?

Defo sounds like you have an intermittent break in the ground wire to ecu. The ground covers all the sensors ie cold start, idle switch, full throttle, lambda and the co pot I had this one the other weekend and once I knew what I was looking for and where to look it was all good!!! What you need is a multimeter that can check for continuity, unplug the ecu plug and stick one of the probes in pin 6 ( http://www.snstuning.com have a good diagram) check each of the earth leads to each of the sensors and work your way round if they all have continuity then try the power feeds by sticking the probe in the relevant pins in the ecu plug ( again check out the snstuning page as it is very useful) I would place a bet that it is a broken wire somewhere as the loom behind the engine does get hot and goes brittle doesn't take much for a lead to break after 10 years of engine heat! Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps

Ant

THE RESULT:

G60Jet was wright!

Blue temp sensor was cause to all my troubles with starting engine and high revs. Fuel consumption still need to be checked.

Funny thing is, after i read about possible issues i went to the service and suggested them to check that. They rejected my proposals as something that couldnt possibly be out of help, and at the end of the day, they told me that in fact temp sensor was problem. Like i said, i aint going there again.

btw, i haven't measured compression still, but they told me that supercharger is about 70% ok, and that i am not recieving max out of it.

And another question, is it possible to restore suprecharger (how confident is this?), do you suggest to do it and where to get another one (any prices if possible)?

because the price at this service for new supercharger is way to much - 3000 euros!!!!!!

is this overpriced or what?

How the hell can they tell the charger is 70% okay..... hmmm What mileage have you got and do you know if its ever been recon'd

160 000 km (about 130000 miles if i got i correct)

i have no info was it reconstructed....

This fella told me something like, compression is okay but the capacity isn't at its best...

:roll: and yes... i had face like this

i have no idea what was he talking about

160 000 km (about 130000 miles if i got i correct)

i have no info was it reconstructed....

This fella told me something like, compression is okay but the capacity isn't at its best...

:roll: and yes... i had face like this

i have no idea what was he talking about

160000km is 100000 miles, either way it needs servicing. Where in the world are you??? This would affect who can do the job for you.

Plenty of places in Germany and Holland. Or Pitstopdevelopments and gwerks in the UK.

Gavin

i'm in Bosnia

so closest place would be somewhere in Austria or Germany

I am not sure is there anyplace in Croatia or Serbia where i can get my G60 rebuilt.

Though i have to mention since the car came from germany in 1997 it is highly possible that g60 was rebuilt somwhere around that year, since i have no issues with boost (oil and stuff). Sure i would like to go somwhere to check it and repair it if needed.

btw... what about passat G60? do they have same supercharger or not? Maybe it easier for me to find completly new one.... Any other model that can fit?

all g60 supercharged cars have the same chargers, but buying one off another car your just as likely to have the same problem as in that you dont know when it was last serviced. Instead of taking your car to germany or austria why dont you take the charger off yourself it is easy to do ( can help you if you need help) and send the charger off to a rebuilder like darren, steve and liam at G- werks and pitstop developments they will do you a very good charger rebuild to whatever spec you want and wil get your charger back to you in a few days!! Seems the better option than going out and buying a charger that could be an expensive paperweight 8)