Sign in to follow this  
NormanCoal

Compulsive Car Buying Disorder

I seem to have a major problem with buying cars, 95% of them being VW's

To date I have owned in the past three years

A plate MK1 GTi 2l 8v in Lhasa Green - written off, someone pulled out in front of me

F plate MK2 16v 3dr in Atlas, had that until a couple of weeks ago, given to a mate as a very bare rolling shell

A plate MK1 Campaign in Helios Blue, very original and straight, sold it because I didnt feel comfortable in a MK1 after the above accident

H plate MK2 16v 5 dr in Royal Blue Met, got rid of this after a few months because it was getting to be a money pit

F plate MK2 16v 3 dr in Black, got it for a runaround whilst I rebuilt my other 16v as a trackcar

J plate MK2 8v in metallic black one previous owner, not far off perfect (for sale )

J plate MK2 8v in Oak Green had a chequered history, but with a bit of mechanical work and a 2l 16v conversion was a flier - this got stolen from outside my house

German Jetta, currently being rebuilt

H plate Jetta syncro in silver- currently being worked on by a mate, 20v N/A that I had and on carbs, though I havent a clue what I'm going to do with it

G plate Jetta 16v in Atlas Grey, bought so that I could have fun in Germany going to the 'ring with CGTI

And now have just agreed to buy another VW

(There is the small matter of a Mini that I own as well, but that aint ever being sold)

So, is that a lot? Do I have an addiction?

all those in 3 years?!?!?!??!?!?! :shock:

I have owned two cars in the last 10 :oops:

A fair few cars that. Id have to agree VW ownership is rather addictive. Im on the hunt for another VR6 and im getting really impatient.

in the last 18months:

bmw 318ti compact 140bhp

rover 420gsi turbo 250bhp

fiat coupe 20v turbo 260bhp

106 gti 120bhp

honda civic vti 160bhp

clio 1.9D -50bhp

corrado vr6 -190bhp

:D