Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

crossover installation

where have most people put there crossovers? kevhaywire suggested in glovebox and behind drivers kick panel but there doesnt appear to be that much room behind the kick panel so at the moment ive got both of them behind the glovebox, until i find a more permanent solution.

Graham.

fair enough 8) i was just thinking bout ease of access if they need adjusting, but i guess once they're adjusted they shouldnt need to be touched again should they?

Yeah mine are in the locations mentioned. Sometimes the tweeter adjustment switch or pole gets oxidised and can cause crackling, so just being able to get at them in general is handy.

My SEAS X-overs are massive and they fit behind the driver's kick panel no probs, so I'm surprised you can't fit yours under there? You don't need the X-over lid to be fitted on the driver's side as it's covered by the kick panel, so try that. Should fit fine.

Another option is to do away with the X-overs completely, especially if you've got a HPF on the HU. Just run the mids direct from the amp and run a 3.3uf non-polarised capacitor to the tweeter in parallel with the mid. You'll get a much broader frequency range but the mid to tweeter rolloff won't be as accurate.

K

SEAS eh? nice ;)

Ill be running minus xovers in this install.

std tweets off the HU

2ch amp running alpine midbass units in custom pods (in progress now - slow going :()

the std tweets arent bad and are already crossed so no hassle there.

then let the auto EQ sort it all out :)

Shows how much i know didnt realise that :oops: :lol: ill try again now goin to fit the new sheeting & B&Q stuff on the doors or at least one of them and the passatt handles this afternoon/evening so ill do that whilst im at it.

Graham

The B&Q stuff rocks.....a couple of us have used it now and it makes a big difference! Not quite as solid as dynamat, but less than a 1/4 of the price :lol:

Indeedy Pablo, I have SEAS Lotus components and a Lotus ported 10" sub. The Alpine V12 Amp and Pioneer 77 don't even come close to exploring the full potential of these amazing speakers, but I like things to last and sound neutral, so the lotus were an obvious choice....for me at least. Plus they are 10 x more solid than even the Focal Utopias and the Lotus fabric dome tweeter.....wow! :lol:

I am considering using a 1st order x over too, (or is it 3rd order, can never remember!).....maybe a 4.7uf cap to get an earlier roll off to the tweety pie......not sure yet... more research into me thinks!

You should hear Audioscape's demo Audi A6, it's full of SEAS Lotus and wins awards quite frequently.

You only have to pick up a SEAS speaker and compare it to other brands to know you're getting sooooo much more. Yours look good though, not heard of them, but they look nice and solid and potentially excellent sounding.

If you've ever heard a big Bang & Olufsen setup, B&W or Meridian.....that's the sound you get...... which is unsurprising given SEAS make the driver's for those companies!