Sign in to follow this  
dubbprince

Sunroof removal problem

hi again...

yet another dilemna...the roof is of course bent on my written off corrado...and i need to get the sunroof out in one swoop.

but the roof is closed...

how do i do this? :cry:

can you not just undo the whole mechansim after removing the roof lining? theres about 10 nuts on there and i dont think mine was open when i removed it!

can you not open it with the manual winder behind the light /sunroof switch cover if you have to- or is your roof too bent??

Seconded.

Open the tailgate, pull off the trim at the back of the headlining, loosen the a, b and c-pillar trims, disengage the 2 tabs at the rear of the headlining and slide it out.

Roof mechanism then just unbolts.

ok then..i'll try taking the roof lining down and see how it unbolts from underneath. It can't open as i have taken the battery out now as it burst and the roof is kinked in the corner of the sunroof, which means it will scratch the top of it if it tilted.

benji16v- theres a manual way of opening it?? i'll check that out too. :oops:

Thanks guys.

The best way of removing or replacing a sunroof is with the sunroof closed, so you should have no problems unless the kink is severe, in which case the frame of the sunroof will be buckled anyway and it'll be knackered... :|

Tailgate roof trim off, A, B and C pillar trims loosened, roof liner out the boot, then just unbolt it.... 8)

dubbprince,

yeah it explains it in the manual,

remove interior light-it just pops out

remove the two visible screws to take off the surround

look on the motor you should see a slotted round piece of metal about the size of a 5p-its got a pin in the middle of it

just use a screwdriver to push the pin in and manually wind the motor

i`ll put a pick up in a minute