Sign in to follow this  
Jim

eBay Email Scammer Warning

Just to warn you, I had the most convincing 'fake' email this evening that I actually went to the page and was about to login in with my details before I glanced at the URL and thought 'wait a minute...'

Was basically made out to say that a credit card I had on file with eBay was out of date and I needed to update it. But the link in the email was not the same as that which it took me too (http://saw-ebay.com) - and I paused before I started to enter my login details.

Now let me just tell you that despite recieving nearly 100 spam emails a day, I have NEVER fallen for a single one of these - it was the slightly ropey English buried in the email which was the nail in the coffin.

Be careful!

To see what I mean go to this link and enter any old username and password - do NOT use your real eBay ID!!!!!

Its a crafty scam for sure...

Sneaky gits. I got the same email the other day, but I just ignored it because they sent it to my work email address, not the one I have registered with ebay

i used to work for barclays fraud detection...they once had a case of this with a website asking customers to type in their card details to win a holiday or something...about 3people were stupid enough to fall for it and cost the company bucks!! :lol: