Sign in to follow this  
Mac Daddy

Sunroof.... again!!!

Sorry to open another tread, but can anyone help me???

- I have replaced the cables in the roof, so it now tilts at least, but the passenger side 'water guide plate' as I think it is called, will not return with the cable when you have slid the sunroof back and try closing it again. (if any of this made sense)

Let me say that again, when you open the roof both cables go back as they should do, when you try and close the roof again only the drivers side water guide plate comes back. This means that the roof tries to tilt when you close the roof.... NOT GOOD!

If I replace the water guide plate (£29+VAT from stealers :( ) will this resolve the issue.

- I have managed to source a passat moonroof as an alternative... but will a passat moonroof affect the value of the car (being aware that C's are appreciating assets :) )

- Is the passat moonroof conversion as simple as unbolting one and swapping them over?

Any help appreciated

Yes to the 1st question.

Don't know to the second question.

Yes to the 3rd question, but be aware that the bits that wear (the guides for the water guide plate) and the bits that break (everything in front of the water guide plate) are basically the same...