Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Bl**dy Insurance Company!

No, not a crap offer, no offer at all! It's been nearly 2 weeks since my accident, and the car has been recovered, moved to Just Car Clinic....and abandoned. It's been sat there for over a week now with a smashed driver's window, just open to the elements, and the interior is the one bit of the car that remains in decent nick.

Despite phone calls, and pointing out to them that in the event of a total loss they will be the ones losing money, they're still dragging their heels.

One a more positive note however, I had a great offer from the place I buy my Bio-Diesel from last night. In the event of a buyback, they would let me keep my car there while I stripped it for no charge. This brings me to my main question. Does anyone know where I could hire/borrow some from of trailer/low loader to move the car from the Car Clinic out to the place where it would be stripped? My Passat doesn't have a tow bar, and the steering on the Corrado is knackered, so it would have to be a full transportation job.

This is a purely theoretical line of thinking at the moment, however, I'd be greateful for any advice on places in Yorkshire I might be able to hire one (self drive or otherwise).

Extending that line still further, I have been compiling a list of what is salvageable and wondering if there would be any interest from people on here, and if they'd be willing to turn up to take it.

The black cloth interior is in good nick (although a bit muddy from the week away just before the crash).

5 15" Sebring Alloys (although at least 2 are curbed).

The door cards

The engine (2.0l 16v, 161K miles). I started it on Saturday when I went to replace the stereo that I removed after the crash and it still sounds great!

The exhaust (less than 2 months old)

The fog lights (one brand new and fitted a mere 6 days before the crash)

The driver's side head light

The passenger's side rear light cluster

The rest of the interior (switches, dials etc)

Basically, anything that isn't structural may well be salvageable.

Sorry for the lenght of the post, but I'm just considering my options, and whether I could get a swarm of Corrados and owners to travel to Yorkshire to descend on the remains on my now deceased beauty for spares :) . I'd like to see the bits go to good homes and think that somewhere in a foreign car, there will be a part of it that was my Corrado :wink:

Sing out if anyone has any thoughts.

Apologies for no prices btw, but seeing as how nothing is officially for sale yet, and I'm not sure if it's going to be, I'm just seeing if it would be worth it.

Cheers y'all,

Tom