Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

Watch ya speed

I had my hearing today as I got stopped doing 110mph a month or so ago.

£150 quid fine plus £35 costs, 28 day ban and they are "indorsing my license accordingly".

Im considering myself pretty lucky really.

Thats all.

i was thinkin how it was goin mate at 10am this morning! doesn't sound so bad...i reckon they'll throw the book at me though!

How many points did you manage to get? i'm guessing 3points.

Sanjay.

So how many points is that then? or u just get the ban.

I've just gone up to six points - hopein insurance is not gonna be effected to much, 3 points made no difference what so ever, got a feelin 6 will though. :(

Dunno how many points. they didn't say and I was that keen to get out that it didnt occur to me to ask.

I think i successfully dodged the book throwing though really!

(by the way i know that it endorse and not indorse just trying to catch you lot out)

I had four points a couple of years ago and my insurance did not change much. I picked up another 3 earlier this year and my insurance almost doubled! The points and ban stay on your record with insurers for 5 years. A bit unfair given that they officially come off as far as the authorities are concerned after 3 years. As you were banned the insurers may put up your premium by more than usual, as they often ask if the conviction resulted in a ban. Your insurance will not go up until you renew, so the longet you have left on your policy, the better!

Group buy on decent radar detectors people? A good idea me thinks!

my mate go caught about the same speed he got 4 points

doubt theyd give you 6 most likely to be 3 or 4.

Its a b*tch tho i got caught by two hiding bikes at 43 mph in what i thougfht was 40 but was only 30 if only id had the time time to arguue £60 fine 3 points arse.... one was for letting me off too.

nothing beats the cops who chased me when i was driving a volvo 440 glt (fair enough chipped , sport suspension ,sport tyres etc.. but just a 440 glt* dont ask was done to it before i got it) i was just coming home from bouncing at 3:30am at a new place out in the sticks so it was country roads and being a country boy i can drive them really well. Got pulled over by cops once i hit the next town ( i never stop in the middle of nowhere) and they said " you qwere going pretty fast , we had to go at 75mph to catch you"

:lol: :lol: lol The fastest id done was about 60 , bloody city drivers who trains the cops to drive these days , just coz i know how to take a corner :p

well they got bit of egg on their face.

oink!

If they've banned you you won't get points on top - By 'endorsing your licence accordingly' they mean that the ban is recorded and displayed to and by everyone who looks at it (Insurance companies etc).

then ban gets written on the licence regardless if u get points or not
iirc they can't ban AND then give extra penalty points - the only time you'd get both would be when banned as a result of the totting up procedure (which then removes the points anyway) if that makes sense :? .

i musta got mixed up then, maybe my mate had his points from something before or he was making up the banned bit , i did see the due in court for 100 ish in 70 zone bit thoughh. oops.

lol

Well thats good to know, as I said I got off light really.

Didnt do me pride any good though grovelling to a crusty old geezer, trying to convince him that I don't usually drive at such speeds ('onest guv').

I guess he aint on here all that often, otherwise it'd be "Corrado ya say, we'll be keeping that license then sonny"

Cheers for the empathy / info!

You got away with it lightly mate, I got stopped about 7 years ago on the M18 clocked at an average of 119.7mph, my solicitor told me to expect a ban unless i could give them reason, so I came up with the story about picking up a young lad who'd just started out in life for work and taking him to scunthorpe where we worked, anyway to cut a long story short I got away with the ban but got 6 points and a £1000 fine, every one ive spoke to since has said f*ckin ell i only got 100 quid etc .......story of my life

I think that you are also meant to inform your insurance company if your license situation changes, ie you get points or a ban even before you come to renew and the insurance company have the right to pull your insurance from you. Check the fine print from your policy.

Mark :evil:

think that you are also meant to inform your insurance company if your license situation changes, ie you get points or a ban even before you come to renew and the insurance company have the right to pull your insurance from you. Check the fine print from your policy.

Correct :wink:

i got done @ >100mph quite a bit past the ton marker and i got 21 day ban 100 fine NO POINTS! yey... i have learned a very hard lesson tho @ 19 years of age! never speeded since..

You still have to declare the conviction to the insurers! A friend of mine was convicted of assault 4 years ago and didn't mention it to his insurers. His car (thankfully not a Corrado) was nicked and his insurers refused to pay up because he'd not told them about an assault conviction

That should have not affected his insurance premium as he is no more a motoring risk with an assault conviction.

Premiums are calculated on your driving record, the car you drive and the area you live. They then look at annual mileage, intended uses and such like, the logic being that if you use your vehicle more then the chance of you having an accident is higher.

The penalty for non disclosure varies insurer to insurerbut most will ask that you pay an additional premium but still deal with the claim. If they are assholes or depending on how much of an issue the non disclosure has caused they may throw the claim out or cancel the policy.

I think either your mate was lying or he is with a very strange insurance co.

But that may be just me

Insurers usually ask about Criminal Convictions as routine. It varies widely as to how they treat non-driving offences, but anything which incurred a custodial sentance and which is not a 'spent' conviction can result in them declining to cover you. In particular, crimes against people, property, drug distribution or suchlike can be judged to represent a poor risk, rightly or wrongly.