Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

anyone got bbs rm's in a different colour

just started stripping down the bbs rm's i bought from redlee the rims are allmost done just a final polish and laquer.

i was just wondering what the main part of the wheel would look like in a different colour, i have seen a set of rm's on a sport line in black and they looked pretty cool.

i was thinking either a darker silver or maybee a metalic black

just not sure what would look best on a tornado red c

anyone got any pics??

im hoping to get the car up to show standard soon so would like to hear peoples opinions on doing the wheels a different colour or should i just stick with the stock silver inner, polished rim and chrome bolt heads?

the inner parts are allready in pretty good shape so im not sure about getting them painted.

on a red car, I'd go with black or anthracite centers on 'em... will look lovely... 8)

Im not sure how they would look with the normal rims. But if your going with wider rims (as pictured above) the black centers look dame hot.

i was going to just keep the wheels the standard colour as they seemed in very good condition as i was cleaning them up, however after i had got them all spotless i noticed one was a different colour a slightly lighter silver than the rest, and altough it would probably not be noticiable on the car i decided to spray them in a vw metalic black (anthracite i think the same as my bosses toureg) what do you think ...................(phone camera sorry)

Ahhh they look well tasty. They should look well on against the red. Have you sealed them up yet ???

Im in the middle of doing mine and got them back from the powder coaters yesterday. A nice dark sublte finish to the centers and some very shiny rims that I won on ebay :mrgreen:

Anybody done this to thier G60 BBS wheels or seen it done? I am refurbing a set of these and was thinking along the same lines although I would probably go for a dark grey as on my steels.

Anybody done this to thier G60 BBS wheels or seen it done? I am refurbing a set of these and was thinking along the same lines although I would probably go for a dark grey as on my steels.

i suppose this would work for non slip rims as well

after i nitromorsed the rims i put my works caddy van on axle stands put the wheels on it put in 4th gear and left it running while using a light emery cloth to get any scratches or bits of paint left off which worked really well and also keeps the spun finnish to the alloy 8)

(WARNING putting your hands near a wheel spinning at about 40 mph is dangerous and should only be attempted by trained idiots) :lol:

also does anyone know the make of that 2 part lacquer that was mentioned for the rims i have searched but cant find the post :?