Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Having dilemmas, thinking of selling my baby...

Hi Guys, I having some dilemas about my Corrado. I have had it for about a year and a half now and I am thinking of letting it go :( I've posted this in the general section rather than sales and wants as I'm not sure of the car's value...

The reason being is that I don't ever use it and I need another vehicle that I could get more use out of. I bought it a couple of years ago. I live in London and I don't need a car for work. I have a motorbike for kicks and I only bought a car again to keep up my NCB.

I bought the car of another guy who was the first owner of the vehicle. He worked for Barrings Banks so it was a company car (nice huh!) When Barring went belly up thanks to Nick Leeson he bought the car from the company. So it has therefore had a full extensive no expence spared service history. (Last bill was £1200!) I have all the documentation to prove all of this. In short I am the second owner from new!

I only use the car to travel out of London to Bucks so it has no condensation problems with the engine being only occasionally used etc. I had a new battery fitted when I bought it and it starts no problem first time.

I am thinking of selling to buy a 4x4 or ideally a pickup type vehicle that can take a Motox bike on the back.

The car drives faultlessly and is very smooth. It has only 74k miles on the clock and I bought it with 70k on it. It does need a service but passed its MOT no problem last month without problems.

The faults!;

Being honest here as theres no point in not being.

The sunroof was broken when I bought the car. The fault was with the cable guides. I replaced them both with the repair kit and it operated ok out of the car, tilted, slided etc but when I re-installed it I didn't grease the channels that they ran in very well. Hence it pulls out of allignment. I might fix this but to be honest it's finding the time to do it that difficult.

The car has a few scuffs on the bumpers. They're not serious and could be touched up quite easily. I might get a quote from a bodyshop to get them both done. There are also a few dings in the door panels. Very minor and you can only see them when the sun catches at that certain angle..

The sump gasket has a slight leak. I will probably get this done before I sell. It's an easy job, just messy.

The original speedline alloys are in need of a refurb. I have put on some Fox 4 alloy wheels instead. They are in as new condition and have no scuffs.

Thats about it! The car is not mint but certainly a very clean car for it age. The interior is in very good condition. Engine and everything else is as VW intended.

So that's my car.. what do you think? Am I a fool to sell a car that will probably never depreciate (assuming I don't drive it much) or should I keep insuring something I rarely use :roll: How much should I ask do you think?

Pics, are here;

pics thumbnailed-vr6storm

how about telling us what engine it is and year etc etc :oops:

i say keep it man, raddo's that look that clean and straight are getting rarer, its likely to appreciate soon with the way that C prices are going recently :p

jus my 2p :lol:

nice c mate, i have a bike for kicks hence the user name 8) , its difficult to answer the question whether to sell or not because no one knows the exact cicumstances but i can understand the versatility of a pick up esp as you dont need a car

i would be looking for at least 5k for that c and it would be criminal to let it go for less than £4800 ish, lots of dogs out there fetching unreasonable money, yours looks at sounds 100% straight and unmolested, i take it the interior is cloth ?

nice c mate, i have a bike for kicks hence the user name 8) , its difficult to answer the question whether to sell or not because no one knows the exact cicumstances but i can understand the versatility of a pick up esp as you dont need a car

i would be looking for at least 5k for that c and it would be criminal to let it go for less than £4800 ish, lots of dogs out there fetching unreasonable money, yours looks at sounds 100% straight and unmolested, i take it the interior is cloth ?

Cheers GixxerUK -thats what I wanted to hear.

Yep - it has cloth interior and doesn't have air con either :roll:

2 owner, FSH, with 74k ....

Don't take a penny less than £5k that's for sure!

The only thing that could change the price a bit is the timing chain/tensioner problem as the car is approaching the mileage where they can become in need of attention. Not to say that they do though, but if it's had them done already then brilliant.

Personally, I'd be advertising for £6k I think. You're in no rush and straight cars are getting fewer and further between.