Sign in to follow this  
VW Corrado 16V

New tires - Toyo Proxes T1-R

I’m going to buy these tires for my 1.8 16V. This is the new model of Proxes T1-S. Any comments? Anything better for the same money?

Now I’m with 185/55 R15 when I fit the 195/50 R15 will my car go lower (more lower is dangerous 8) )

t1r_hi.jpg

The Hankook Ventus Sport K104 get a damn good review - actually slightly better overall than the pricier Goodyear Eagle F1. I've got a couple coming for my Corrado and will report on their performance. They were £36.50 each inc. VAT and delivery in 195/50-15 (Y rated!)

I was going to try the Toyos but they didn't do very well in the tyre life category.

Stick with correct size for the valver...

Good tyre.

Rolling radius will be out if you use the 195's

toyo are good tyres....standard fit on mitsubishi evos and tvr's

i had them on my honda and were great in wet and dry

there a bit soft though so dont expect the same life expectancy as you would from a michelin....good tyre and well priced over all though!

Had Toyo Proxie T1-S on my old car, ABSOLUTLEY BRILLIANT in both wet & dry conditions.

I got 12,000miles from a full set.

Yes they are a softer compound but then this is why they are so sticky! :wink:

Go buy.

:)

12k miles is pretty respectable. I'd call that good tyre wear after the bikes...Fireblade ate a rear tyre in 900 miles and the R6 only managed 1400.

I don't even get 12,000 miles out of a set of Toyo T1-S tyres ! They are a great all round tyre though those Toyos.

If you really wanna go mental, and aren't too worried about wear rates, try these ones... the Toyo R888 :evil:

Ive had my vr for about 10'000 miles and am about to go onto my 4th set of tyres. :twisted: (Alignements fine)

Toyos T1-S were set number 2 and were excellent if a bit soft. I could really feel them squirming under heavy braking. Next set that im about to change are Fulda Extremos and again, excellent tyre to drive with, very like the Toyos but a bit firmer. The wear on them is worse though, when pushed hard they seem to tear themselves apart.

Ill be going for T1-R's next as ive read they are very likle the T1-S but with a stiffer sidewall and dont wear as quick. 8)