Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

New owner

Hi Guys (and girls?)

Some of you may know me from GolfGTI.co.uk

I've been into dubs for a while and have a Mk1 Cab, but have just bought a 96 Corrado Storm, so I can tuck the cab up for winter. However, I know I wont be satisfied with leaving it alone, so was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what I could do. It is completly standard with FWVSH at only 80000 miles. I dont really want to alter the look, as I have done this to my cab, but would like to squeeze some more ponies out of the 6 cylinders.

Hope to be in here a bit more now I've got the Storm to keep me entertained

Ads

'ello and welcome to The Forum... 8)

Get some pics of the Storm up so we can all have a good look... 8)

Squeezing more ponies out of a VR ain't exactly the cheapest of hobbies, but things like a Shrick inlet manifold or bolting on a supercharger can make for some nice increases in power... 8)

Welcome! A Storm you say.... how much was it ?? Judging by this thread it might be worth about 11-12 grand :lol:

I'm going to go for a BMC CDA induction kit and a Magnex Catback (£500), i'm hoping that will free up a few Hp... (will probably just make it sound faster :)) As Henny says.. there isn't too much you can do without spending mega bucks!

11-12 GRAND!!!! I knew they were fetching good money, and far more than the standard VR6, but that is a lot more than I paid for it. I have only just got back from viewing it, and do not actually collect it until the 25th. But it really is in mint condition, save for a few stone chips on the bonnet, but then every car I own has stone chips on the bonnet! It has all the MOT's, HPI checks, Receipts and stamps in the book, which means a lot more to me than a few chips that can be easily repaired.

I will endevour to get as many pics as I can posted up, when I collect it. But it is totally stock except for a set of Khan 17" alloys, that I am having removed and replaced with the original BBS alloys that have just been refurbished. The only other alteration is a Kenwood minidisc and 10 stack cd player. I'm quite looking forward to getting back on the road with a V6. Nothing like the roar of a 6 cylinder engine to make you want to go faster!! :twisted:

Hi Marcus. Didnt want to say anything just in case I didnt buy it. Keep it under your hat for a while though mate. Gonna be a big surprise at Newark!!! 8)

cheeky!!! :lol:

it was the Khan`s that gave it away!!

anyway, well done, welcome&enjoy, and may your I WANT list be ever growing!!!!!!

The thread fairly sums up the car, it really is in good condition, and the leather looks hardly worn. I did actually get him to come down on the price by a substantial amount before I went and viewed it, as it was quite a journey. And TBH, it is a rare car, so I think the prices should hold rather well on it. I have read a few articles saying the Storms are fetching far in excess of the second hand value." Many going for over the £10k mark" - I didnt actually realise there were "many" out there though! I guess they must be well hidden...

hi adam , nice buy 8) get those lupo gti wipers on there before it rains mate otherwise you wont be able to go over 50mph and still see :)

I'm going to go for a BMC CDA induction kit and a Magnex Catback (£500), i'm hoping that will free up a few Hp... (will probably just make it sound faster :)) As Henny says.. there isn't too much you can do without spending mega bucks!

this is exactly the set up i've got mate and it growls and screams like a banshee 8) but when you slow down it doesnt sound like a nova with a bucket for an exhaust

you getting the oval end pipe ?

Yeah, small oval - (If the std VW one ever gives up)... Looks really nice and subtle 8)

Its a shame you don't live a bit closer... I'd of liked to hear a vr with that setup on before I bought it! Whats it like on motorways ?? Does the noise ever get annoying ?

DanA, no mate never annoying it only growls when you hoof it otherwise its nice and subtle, on the motorway you wouldnt notice it anymore than a standard exhaust, that what i like about it, it has has two carachters .....schizophrenic :evil:

oh yeah i've got the oval

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.

Bally that is one low 'raddo you have there. I have a mk1 golf cab slammed to the floor too - totally impractical but looks like business.

here's a link if you fancy a look.