Sign in to follow this  
whiteee

Fitting porsche Wheels...

Except when a 911 is wearing them

except when any car that is designed for them is wearing them to be honest... i just dont wide rear wheels suit the corrado on elittle bit

Jamie Renshaw had the right idea and got 2 sets of front wheels!!! thats the way to do it! :twisted:

sorry Pau1, no offence

Which is what the 8 x 17 ZW1 set is essentially. You can also get ZW1s in 10 x 17, so they're clearly a Porsche orientated rim, especially when you look at the offsets of them and PCD!

Even the 8 x 17s poke out a bit, but not excessively so. To get the perfect look, you need to flare the arches ever so slightly and drop the floor so that the tyre just starts to tuck into the arch. But I value practicality so won't be going down that route :lol:

What Porsche rims are you thinking of?

I'm not a fan of wider rear wheels than front ones. For handling they need to be the same width, wider rear wheels reduces grip. Think of an elephant's foot versus a stilleto heel in terms of pressure applied to the tarmac.

ZW1s.....

That's not true, my rear rims are wider and the grip is incredible at the rear, vastly improved, only down side is the car scrubs off more speed in the corners. Noticed how every supercar has wider rear wheels/tyres and F1 cars.

Not exactly true either, the static grip is the same, for both wide and narrow tyres (of the same compund and pressure) .however a larger contact patch will heat the tyre up less, meaning either more or less grip depending on compound and how hot the tyres were before. What you probably havent considered is the geometry changes you can cause with wider / narrower wheels. The rear tyres on a fwd car dont really do much in the way of accelerating/ braking and so probably run quite cool as all they have to do is corner, wide rears at the back wont increase grip becasue the tryes dont get that hot, however they may reduce it because they end up too cold. Wide fronts would probably help as they do most fo the work, but that brings bigger steering and geometry changes during cornering.

Have to trust me on this as i have driven a C with 9.5" rear wheels and the back end it much gripper. Chassis balance isn't as good but the grip is truely amazing.