Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Crossover location when fitting components

Right, I want to start fitting my Infinity 5000cs components in the front.

The door fitting sounds easy, but the tweeters in the dash sound a bit harder, so can I just clarify something on the crossovers

I want to keep the dash looking standard, so I'm planning on cutting the old tweeters out of their locating disk thingy and putting the new ones in there. If I do that, is there going to be enough room under them for the crossover?

If not, then where have people put their crossovers?

there is loads of room behind the dash on both sides for cross overs. just remove the trays on both sides and out can put the in there

F**** fun I've had trying to do this. Eugh. Didn't help that I didn't get the right spade connectors and not enough wire, but ugh.

The plan was... I was going to put the driver's side crossover under the plasic panel next to the pedals. Kev suggested here and it makes sense. The problem is I can't get the wires in behind it as there's not enough room around the edges. I now also can't get the 2 screws to locate into anything... :(

I may have to investiage the behind the shelf routine, but how does the shelf come off? I couldn't see anything that was obviously holding it in place...?

Also re fitting the tweeter in the original housing - that could be interesting as the Infinities have got a metal dome grille attached to them already, so I don't think they'll just fit in place of the old tweeter. I won't know til I get it off tho, so worry about it then I guess.

remove the grill and old speaker, remover dash cluster and fues box cover you should be able to get the wire throught then, on the passenger side the glove box can be removed.

remove the grill and old speaker, remover dash cluster and fues box cover you should be able to get the wire throught then, on the passenger side the glove box can be removed.

Ah cheers mate, I'll give that a go tomorrow, then at least I can get the wiring in place. Need to take another trip to Maplin for the spade connectors and wire tho.