Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Standard alarm and remote closure/central locking.

Got my vr6 on the road this week, only problem was that the battery had been drained, when I was trying to jump start it I was having a bit of bother with the alarm, it was going and I couldnt get it to switch off straight away until the battery charged up a bit. Once I got the car running it was all fine but now the remote central locking doesnt work. I can still set the alarm but it does nothing to the doors. Using the key in the drivers door doesnt work the central locking, using it in the passenger door it locks everything then it all opens up again. Ive had to resort to leaving the window open and pushing the lock down on the inside to lock everything. I then need to set the alarm to close the window.

Any ideas? Is there some sort of procedure for getting everything in synch?

Ive tried disconnecting the battery then connecting it again with no success.

Also, anyone know how much it costs the get a transponder key reprogrammed.

If using the key in the door doesn't activate the central locking then I doubt it's a problem with the alarm - sounds like the central locking itself is knackered.

If its a standard scorpion alarm, VW will get you a new keyfob for £40. It requires them to cut the circuit board behind the chip to the same pattern as yours. So yu need to give them one of yours. Though they should do it for you in about 10 mins.

Have you had the door cards off recently, sounds like your locking rods are not adjusted correctly. door lock only pushes lock lever down so far. If rod isn't connected right it will not activate the wee switch that sends a signal to rest of system. pushing the inside lock down will have a longer reach - if that makes any sense?

I think mine did something similar after the doors were off for espray. I had both door cards off and played around with the locks for a bit - locking each with door open/closed/unlocked etc... Maybe a bit bit and miss..............

It is the Scorpion alarm, thing is it was working fine the day before I got my car started, it was a jump start from another car and it didnt havethe power to start. When I got the car started it was with a booster pack so I was hoping it was a fuse or alarm setting or something along them lines.

Door panels havent been touched, im not bothered about the key thing to be honest, just want to get the remote working again.

Try this.... disconnect battery for a while (10 mins or so) then when you reconnect hold the keyfob button down for like 5-7 seconds... this programs the alarm to the keyfob control and it should put everything back in sync... this advice was given to me by a VW main stealer..... and works for me.

Sorry, should have posted in here earlier.

The problem is sorted but how it was sorted im not sure, I tried unlocking the doors and my brother grabbed the passenger handle at the same time so only the driver door opened, later that night I noticed it had started working the way it was supposed to. :D