Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

spax

in the quest to lower my vr, are spax any good? any one got them on, whats the ride like??? ne one no bout raceland stuff?? ne good?? i gotta do it asap cos shocks are cained but don't want to wreck the ride!

cheers dudes

Used to have Spax T/A on my old jetta gti and I found them quite good although a rock hard if set to max, but this was way back when, so cant really comment on how there technology has come along in the last few years

Had a Spax 40mm lowing set (shocks and springs) on my first 16v with 15" wheels and the ride was terrible! Very crashy and harsh. Didn't like 'em at all.

in the quest to lower my vr, are spax any good? any one got them on, whats the ride like??? ne one no bout raceland stuff?? ne good?? i gotta do it asap cos shocks are cained but don't want to wreck the ride!

cheers dudes

heard nothing but bad about raceland suspension on VR's

Iam in the same boat mate and on a budget of about £200, Ive been looking at the venom kit, But a mate has the raceland kit on his vento vr and he's happy with it... :roll:

geordiedubber, yeah i rang them (venom) for the spax but now i've bitten the bullet and ordered some fk coilovers and blown the 200 quid budget!!! slammin it sat!! where bouts in ne are u? i no it quite well. consett, newcastle and all that. baja and buffalo joes u no what i mean! hardly saw ne rados up there and even less people to show the vr6 power! all pussy saxos ! :D

How much you paying for the coilovers I'd love some but cant see the point paying so much just for every day road use (am soo tight) a decent second hand set would be nice tho. Iam living in shiremoor (near whitley bay) at the mo but soon moving to wallsend. Where abouts are u matt ?