Bojmobile

Bojmobile's New VR6(ok it's not a Corrado!)

You're right - most it's needed for an MOT is £40 last year and that's the 3rd one I've put it through - how many 14yr old cars can give you that?

Took my mate's S3 out for a test drive today and have decided to buy it - so question is - what to do with the VR? Do I sell it just now whilst prices are awful or hold on to it?

It's paid up insurance wise and MOT until May.

Nooooooo.... :( Hold on to it, you'll be bored of the S3 in no time :wink:

Still, you've had a good few years out of it, wish I could hold onto a car for so long :grin:

Jamie

Got a garage? Take the vr off the road for 6 months to see how you get on with the s3 then decide which to keep.

the S3 is incredible - but I'm not ready to get shot of the VR quite yet - but things may change financially and I'll have no alternative - I've got a wedding on the horizon now too!

The girlfriend could be interested in this but it maybe a bit early as shes got to get some money together first if it doesnt sell on ebay let me know!! Any chance in showing pics of damage to paint work and rust spot mentioned in ebay post??

Jon

Well I sold the old VR earlier this year to vr6paul and he sold it on to macscorcher, who's taking very good care of it.

I moved on and initially got an S3 and have now moved on to a MK I Audi TT 3.2 V6 with DSG(ok so it's not a VR6 by name!):-

Looks nice Glenn. How is the drive etc compared to the Corrado? I've used the DSG on a company diesel before and it was pretty awesome. Was tempted myself into a TT but I think my next purchase will be an R33 GTR since I've always wanted one.

Hey Big,

Good to hear from you man, how's married life treating you? I'm getting married in July!

I'm totally loving the TT, the S3 had a lot of good points but didn't do it for me in a lot of areas after the VR6. The engine note of the S3 was crap, paint was starting to turn pink too - so I got rid of it before it caused me more probs. The TT is immaculate and it's great hearing the V6 noise again. The DSG is awesome - still adjusting to driving an auto - but it's really quick and combined with the Quattro is great fun. Sport mode is ridiculous and launch control is just obscene! :D

The gear paddles are good fun too - but more of a novelty - you end up not really using them tbh. The car is only on 49k too and has only had 2 previous owners - so I got a good deal. Been reading all the DSG horror stories though - but trying not to worry too much!

Glad to hear that you're happy with it matey. Married life not so great but that's a different story altogether.

Not to worry eh? Try not to think about problems with the car until they happen. You always tend to hear horror stories on the net more than it's going perfect stories lol.

Good luck for the big day mate. July will be here before you know it and it'll be a fantastic day.

Sorry for the hijack there.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch! :clap:

Hey, finally a suitable replacement for the old VR :) I like the interior 8)

Good to hear my old car is still going strong, it's now 5 years since i sold it :shock: How time flies!

Congrats on the impending wedding also, make sure you enjoy the toys now while you still can :wink:

Jamie

I've gotta say - it's really great hearing from both you guys. I was in 2 minds about sticking my photos on here but I'm glad I did. :D

Very nice loving the interior 8) 8)

My mates got the same model with blue interior.

I wont mention what happened to his DSG gearbox-----------just say horror story!!!!!!

I thought the VR was thirsty too until he started having fun with launch control.!!!! :shock: :shock:

Hello guys just spotted Glen had updated this thread !

Thought id say hi as im the new owner of what seems to be a well known VR6 ! Loving the car so far ! Makes me enjoy driving again after 18 months with a Fabia VRs !

Graeme