Bojmobile

Bojmobile's New VR6(ok it's not a Corrado!)

Very nice loving the interior 8) 8)

My mates got the same model with blue interior.

I wont mention what happened to his DSG gearbox-----------just say horror story!!!!!!

I thought the VR was thirsty too until he started having fun with launch control.!!!! :shock: :shock:

Yeah there are a fair few DSG horror stories going about.

I actually find the fuel consumption pretty good - I think that when it's in Drive mode it's short shifting lower down the rev range than you would if you were driving manually. I find I'm getting more miles in the TT than I did in the S3 - but then I did have to scream about in that to get any engine note! :D

Good to hear from you "too hot" - did your mate get the DSG problem sorted? Does he still have the car?

Graeme (macscorcher) is taking good care of the VR - sent me some nice photos of the old girl. Still looking good!

Good to hear from you "too hot" - did your mate get the DSG problem sorted? Does he still have the car?

Yeah, he got it sorted out ------------new gearbox from Audi,after a fight!!!!!!

Audi UK/Europe dont have a problem with them -------apparently.

Just check the USA ----------they have a problem!!!!!!!!

Trading standards involved etc etc ------nightmare!!!!

Hello guys just spotted Glen had updated this thread !

Thought id say hi as im the new owner of what seems to be a well known VR6 ! Loving the car so far ! Makes me enjoy driving again after 18 months with a Fabia VRs !

Graeme

Was the VRS really that bad?! I had thought of one at one stage but from what I saw they all had really light coloured interiors, which is a recipe for disaster with a dog that likes to seek out mud at every opportunity!

Bet the VR6 sounds a lot better anyway, used to love the sound of that engine 8)

VRS had its good points, mpg, surprisingly quick in a striaght line, very comfy and great for long journeys but absolutely no soul to it, no sense of excitement or occasion, very rarely put a smile on my face never seemed to be exceptional good at any one thing more adequate at all things !

The standard brake set up was shockingly bad and the handling never inspired confidence esp not in the wet despite me trying various different brands of tyres ( which it went through A LOT OF!) LOTS of understeer along with not a lot of steering feel and a very twitchy unpredictable rear end if you tired to do combat the understeer. All round a very unsettled feeling car that didnt live up to its hot hatch promises. Also have to say not what id call the best built car ive ever known !

Feel much more confident and have much more fun in the now 128k 16 year old VR6 than i ever did the low mileage 3 year old VRS !

Have to admit thought that the 'sports grey' seats were actually really hard wearing and very easy to clean ! LOL

Graeme