Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Mega Cheap Basslinks!

I've been looking at the page for Car Audio Security's listing for the Infinity Basslink for a fair while now because as some of you will know mine has packed up. Replacements cost around £170 depending where you go, but Car Audio Security had them mega cheap at £145 WITH a wiring kit.

Well I just went on there today again out of interest, and they dropped the price by a further £20'ish quid taking the price down to £127.50 - really folks, you'll struggle to find a better value active Sub than this - a number of forum users have one of these, and I think they are all happy. This is THE cheapest price you will find them for! :)

Just placed my order :D

Aye - well if I could actually have taken my old one apart again to try the 'hook up an old speaker in place of the sub' solution I might not have done this. But being the lemon I am, I acidentally got two of the case screws screwed into the recessed plastic that the feet screws go into.. so now they are lodged tightly in and won't come out and are now holiding the case together.

So when I saw a new one at £127, seemed silly not to just start over :roll:

Now that's a good offer and I think I'm going to need one soon.

Dammit that's another £130 to add to the wish list....

I got an email from them as thats where I got my Basslink from. Apparently its a big sale this weekend only so be quick as prices are likely to go back up Monday.

Looks like it was a case of right place at the right time then!

Some luck for a change!! :D

Basslink delivered today.. just ran around like an excited kid and gone and hooked it up in place of the old one and we have bass again!

The tuning instructions are slightly amusing though.. one step it says turn up your head units volume control to 75% of its max output? Slightly confusing as I can't go above about 40% without it becoming seriously loud (as in can't stand to be inside the car with it that loud) - by 75% i'd be worried about blowing something up!!

The funny thing is I ended up with the same colour as my old Basslink - and everyone who ordered from CarAudioSecurity said they got a black one and had never seen the clear one. Weird.