Sign in to follow this  
davebirl

What are the best brake pads?

Reading through this and other threads Pagid FR pads seem pretty popular but appear to be no longer available, and now under the Textar name. I personaly am not that imporessed by mine.

There are two other pads which seem popular

1. Mintex 1144.

2. Ferrodo DS2500.

So anyone tried both of these?

It would be nice to come to a conclusion for which pad is best.

I've run both the Mintex and the Ferrodo pads...

Didn't like the Ferrodo ones at all until I tried 'em on a differnt set of disks and they worked (and still are working!) really well...

I've always been a fan of the Mintex 1144 pads, just make sure you bed 'em in EXACTLY as per the instructions on the website and they'll be excellent... :)

Which is best? Dunno... both about the same with a disk that compliments 'em... :|

I used the Ferrodo on standard VAG ones originally on J-DUB and didn't like 'em so I took 'em off and bought some Mintex instead. I'm now using the exact same Ferrodo ones with some drilled disks that came with H-YYU and they're pretty good... (I only re-used the pads 'cos the pads that were on the car ran out of material on the way home from picking her up when I first bought her and I needed pads on a Sunday... I've not bothered to change 'em since 'cos they're pretty good... :) )

i've just fitted greenstuff pads. too early to tell what they're like, but my old pagid ones were a nightmare for brake dust, EBC's are a lot better.

bristolbaron, Make sure you post your views on them once bedded in, it would be good to hear a direct comparison between the Pagid and EBC pads. A lot people seem to slate the Greenstuff pads, but like the Pagid ones.

A lot people seem to slate the Greenstuff pads, but like the Pagid ones.

I think they will be refering to the old Greenstuff pads - EBC have now changed the compound & the new greenstuff pads are reputedly much better.

Reading through this and other threads Pagid FR pads seem pretty popular but appear to be no longer available, and now under the Textar name. I personaly am not that imporessed by mine.

There are two other pads which seem popular

1. Mintex 1144.

2. Ferrodo DS2500.

So anyone tried both of these?

It would be nice to come to a conclusion for which pad is best.

Both excellent pads mate, I'd go with whichever are cheaper.