Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

Custom Exhausts

Hi all,

Does anyone know of, or better still have any experience of custom exhaust system builders

I am going to have to get one made to my spec as my back is going to be pretty much unique.

Anyone had this done? costs? advice?

My exhaust & decat pipe is custom made. It was done by long life exhausts in Croydon ( http://www.exhausts.uk.com/ ). Can't fault the build quality, but it is a very heavy system. I have to replace the 2 exhaust rubbers just before the axle evey 6 months or there abouts. But that could be just mine.

Hayward & Scott do custom work, and also Powerflow, Longlife and a few others. Milltek might knock something up for you too. Milltek took less than an hour to custom make a third silencer for my system, so it's definitely a "while you wait" thing...... if you can get your car to the premises that is.

Hayward & Scott are the best, but also the most expensive!

There are 2 places in Macclesfield that do custom exhaust, Tube Torque and JP Exhausts. Both have a good reputatioin.

Blueflame in Skelmersdale also do one offs. They make Mongoose and also factory stuff for TVR and the like.

Most charge between 3-400 depending on th etime taken.

Gavin

i got a custom one made, its got a 3" custom downpipe which goes over the propshaft and down the otherside turning into 2 1/2" for the rest of the system. x2 small boxes, the rear being a jap box and they quoted me £375, but ended uyp charging me close to £550 because of the downpipe being very hard to do....

i got a custom one made, its got a 3" custom downpipe which goes over the propshaft and down the otherside turning into 2 1/2" for the rest of the system. x2 small boxes, the rear being a jap box and they quoted me £375, but ended uyp charging me close to £550 because of the downpipe being very hard to do....

Cor bet you were well chuffed! :roll: